Rubicon Owners, rear steel bumper carrier cutout?

NFRs2000NYC

For those that have the steel bumpers, does the rear have the "AEV tire carrier" hole still there or is it gone?

offcamber

For those that have the steel bumpers, does the rear have the "AEV tire carrier" hole still there or is it gone?

That was on the tube style rear bumper that was basically the AEV rear bumper minus their tire carrier. This bumper is not in anyway related to AEV. I had the actual AEV bumper on the rear of my JK

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

There is no hole. The hole you saw on JK's was Jeep's attempt to make their own swing out tire carrier back in the day but ultimately got nixed due to tail light visibility and federal regulations. The cap placed on top was cheaper than retooling. AEV smartly took advantage of this situation is all.

NFRs2000NYC

There is no hole. The hole you saw on JK's was Jeep's attempt to make their own swing out tire carrier back in the day but ultimately got nixed due to tail light visibility and federal regulations. The cap placed on top was cheaper than retooling. AEV smartly took advantage of this situation is all.

I did not know that, learn something new everyday.:thumb: