Revised Hard Top for 2019??????!!!!!!??????

WranJLerYYC

So I am thinking there is going to be a revision to the hard top for 2019 and I’m pissed they didn’t think of it for the 2018. Cause I want it.

If you’ve seen the power soft/hard top that’s available you would have seen the hard top rear window panels are removable. My guess is Jeep will make this a feature on the 2019 Jeep hartops and we are shot out of luck for buying the 2018.

Just my thoughts. Yours??

That would be neat, but I don't need it. The soft top will be on in the summer and its design is really good. Besides, my kids like having the open top over their heads, too.

WranJLerYYC

Definitely not waiting a year. Lol. Just wish it would have been available on the 18’s. As for structural, what’s more structurally sound than a soft top? 🤪

I think it would be a cool option though. For those of us who could only afford a hard top cause they wanted to get into a Rubi. #ThisGuy.

If was going to buy a JL, I wouldn’t wait a year just for a removable glass panel. That’s just me though.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

House of doom

Here in New England, The top comes off end of May and doesn't go back on until sometime in October. When I had my JK I would use the T Tops but leave the back off, no back seat, and just use the doors when it rained. No need for removable windows.

Sent from my [device_name] using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So I am thinking there is going to be a revision to the hard top for 2019 and I’m pissed they didn’t think of it for the 2018. Cause I want it.

If you’ve seen the power soft/hard top that’s available you would have seen the hard top rear window panels are removable. My guess is Jeep will make this a feature on the 2019 Jeep hartops and we are shot out of luck for buying the 2018.

Just my thoughts. Yours??

You can guess that but it wouldn't be true. The removable side windows ONLY come with the powertop and Jeep specifically has told me that they do NOT recommend the whole top to be removed.

13_gecko_rubi

You can guess that but it wouldn't be true. The removable side windows ONLY come with the powertop and Jeep specifically has told me that they do NOT recommend the whole top to be removed.
I dunno. It makes good business sense to spend a couple millions on production tooling then less than a year later throw it away and spend another couple million to redo it :)

Sent via....

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I dunno. It makes good business sense to spend a couple millions on production tooling then less than a year later throw it away and spend another couple million to redo it :)

Sent via....

:doh: Even as I hit entered to make my post - I had a feeling you might chime in with something like that :cheesy: