A LITTLE LIFT for JET Li : EVO MFG 2.5" JL Boost Stage 4 w/Shock Extensions

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
WooHoo - when it rains, it pours!! Got another visit from Brown Santa and this time around, he brought JET Li, our 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, a brand new EVO MFG 2.5" JL Boost Stage 4 Lift Kit complete with shock extensions. After talking to Mel, we've been assured this kit will give us the lift we need to clear 37's and will be all set for when they come out with coils, shocks and steering components. Here are a few shots of what everything looks like :cool:

First up, here's a couple of shots of all the gift wrapped boxes that Brown Santa delivered.
20180224131953-2c6549c4.jpg

20180224132023-059878a9.jpg

And now, here's a few shots of what all the parts we got look like.
20180227193250-1894dc36-me.jpg

20180227193301-41a7d9a0-me.jpg

20180227193312-8810ca17-me.jpg

Ooo la la - such beefy control arms complete with Johnny Joints.
20180227193412-c1ef63c4-me.jpg

20180227193309-5ddfa37d-me.jpg

20180227193322-ae52e42b-me.jpg

20180227193213-986a89a3-me.jpg

Coil spacers.
20180227193338-d3e95abe-me.jpg

Bump stop extensions.
20180227193342-a3ab2681-me.jpg

Shock extensions.
20180227193346-f3b3389d-me.jpg

20180227193425-22652027-me.jpg

And a final shot of all the hardware.
20180227193458-546c1c44-me.jpg

And there you have it, our little lift for Jet Li. Super excited to get this thing installed! :wings:

EVO MFG 2.5" JL BOOST STAGE 4 W/ SHOCK EXTENSIONS
EVO-3001S4-EXT

The EVO MFG 2.5” JL Boost Suspension systems lift your 2018+ Jeep Wrangler JL 2.5”s. The JL Boost kits are specifically designed to lift your JL and maintain factory spring rate, compliance and ride quality while having the option of retaining factory shocks, maintaining full wheel travel with use of shock extensions (part number EXT kits) or without shock extensions to allow for use of your choice of aftermarket 2/2.5” lift shocks. In using rigid steel coil spacers we maintain the factory ride quality without effecting or lowering spring rate like the alternative compressible plastic or poly urethane spacers. EVO MFG JL Boost kits are available in multiple configurations to suit your needs
and budget and are upgradable down the road. These Boost kits will fit up to a 37” tires on Rubicon Model JLs or 35” tires on Sahara and Sport/S.

The EVO MFG 2.5" JL Boost and Overland Boost are very easy to install using normal tools. No drilling or cutting (optional rear shock extensions require one minor drill). They require no driveshaft or exhaust modifications. Simple Bolt on installation.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks! Hoping to have in installed by the end of the week. Tons more snow coming our way but I finally got adequate heat in the garage :crazyeyes:

Onlyone

Wow! That’s awesome. Can’t wait. My JL might just grow up a few days faster than yours. Lol. First for everything I guess. It will be short lived I’m sure. Haha. Congrats Eddie!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Woohooooo can’t wait to see the install write up!

LOL!! You know one is coming AS WELL AS a video install :yup:

Wow! That’s awesome. Can’t wait. My JL might just grow up a few days faster than yours. Lol. First for everything I guess. It will be short lived I’m sure. Haha. Congrats Eddie!

LOL!! You doing the install yourself? :thumb:

And so it begins. I’m anxious to see it.

Yup, looking forward to seeing how this all looks when all is said and done. :cool:

Excellent - looking forward to the new all grown-up look.

Us too :yup:

Onlyone

Yes sir. I can’t bring myself to let anyone work on my stuff. Lol. My wife always asks why we have a warranty.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Back to jam nuts versus double adjusters. I’ll have to ask him why he went that way. There is usually a reason. I know mine love to jam up from the mud/salt even with anti seize.

LOL!! I live in Nevada, a desert - mud and salt are not an issue here and my double adjusters are so seized up, I've literally broken a pipe wrench trying to turn them. During the Vegas to Reno race 2 years ago, Mel broke a control arm and so we stole one from Rubicat - it was a bit short and so we tried adjusting it... after placing it in a vice, sticking a reaming bar through the Johnny Joint, standing on it and bouncing up and down... all we did was bend the reaming bar. Mel went on to finish the race minus one control arm :crazyeyes:

Awesome!

Can't wait to see it and read the write up.... then I'm ordering it :yup:

LOL!! I promise to do a better job in our write-up than the instructions that you get with the kit :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Yes sir. I can’t bring myself to let anyone work on my stuff. Lol. My wife always asks why we have a warranty.

Oh hell yeah! It's why I have the garage that I do :yup:

TrailHunter

A LITTLE LIFT for JET Li : EVO MFG 2.5" JL Boost Stage 4 w/Shock Extensions

Remember when your friends made fun because you always wanted to play with these:
IMG_6772.JPG
Who’s laughing now?........ bitches. [emoji41]

Last edited:

RMC2

Big shop space heater, and some good coveralls. That is all you need. Or a real heater.

If it is snowing hard, better to be inside anyway. So be inside the shop fixing Jet Li up.

Surprised to see the control arms go back to jam nuts.

JL39

Boost kit control arms

These arms looks real nice
In the picture it looks almost / similar in length as a jk lonk arms length.
Would be interesting if you take a picture with jk arms for comparison...