Hello from Albuquerque, NM, sort of...

JLF

Hello,

Been out of the Jeep scene since 1998 (TJ). Currently stationed overseas (military) and anxious to be moving to Albuquerque, NM in a couple of months. I’ve ordered a JLU Rubicon in white; should be delivered when I arrive.

Not much into crawling (yet), prefer bombing through the desert... Looking forward to Eddie’s Jet Li build as well as some coilover candy from EVO.

Btw, can anybody recommend a good shop near Albuquerque? Preferably an EVO dealer.

All the best,

JLF

JLF

I have had good luck with Desert Rat, they sell parts and do the installation. I don’t know if they sell EVO mfg parts.

I have had good luck with bringing my own parts to Cedar Crest Tire for installation, too.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Thanks for that feedback. I called EVO MFG yesterday and asked about a local Shop/Dealer and they recommended Hammer Performance LLC located in Sunland Park, NM. Gave them a call and Google'd them... So far looks like that's my local ABQ/EVO shop. I've got some time on my side until that schweet EVO coilover kit is released... Plan is to build up anywhere that the stock suspension will allow and shelf the rest until then.

Please anyone, let me know if you've got any feedback on Hammer Performance LLC.

RMC2

We loved Albuquerque when I was stationed there. Don't know anything about the shop. I did like Desert Rat, but I would say you still need to know about what you want vs what they want to sell you. It's small though.

Get to visit there in May.

JLF

We loved Albuquerque when I was stationed there. Don't know anything about the shop. I did like Desert Rat, but I would say you still need to know about what you want vs what they want to sell you. It's small though.

Get to visit there in May.

LOL, sage advice. I know what I want. Bet Eddie and others are in the same mood too. EVO is about midway through the development of their JL coilover kit... ;)

Noticed your sig. Big respect for the NS, best customer service in the business. OTOT +/- 30 seconds.

Last edited:

RMC2

LOL, sage advice. I know what I want. Bet Eddie and others are in the same mood too. EVO is about midway through the development of their JL coilover kit... ;)

Noticed your sig. Big respect for the NS, best customer service in the business. OTOT +/- 30 seconds.

I love EVO. Desert Rat tried to put me on AEV.

Thanks, I loved that job. Those were the days. Current assignment is not near as fun.

Loved being the rare Army dude on Kirtland while we were in Albuquerque. Of course all of us in uniform were seriously outnumbered by the DOE types.