Teaser pics of new Mopar lift and 35's on Mad Max

PaulNY

Well, "Mad Max" is almost ready to be picked up. A few more hours at the dealer tomorrow, and he and I will be reunited. The dealer let me stop by before closing this evening to take a peak. VERY happy with how he looks, and I hope my fire engine red bead lock rings show up soon after being powder coated. Couldn't be happier with the stance, and am really glad I went with 35's. They look so much bigger in person for sure. I went ahead and spent the Benjamin's for the rear tail gate reinforcement (I know Eddie, I know lol), tail gate tire carrier kit, and 3rd brake light kit. I REALLY like how the 3rd brake light kit sits now, and love the little metal Jeep underneath it. More pics to come as he will soon be getting the Mopar off-road LED lights, Warn Zeon 10s, LoD sliders, and much more I am sure. I have got to quit the obsession with viewing this forum and talking to you amazing people as my wallet doesn't like me right now. Oh, I forgot to mention I also have the front axle CAD skid and rear lower arms skids coming as well. I am sure a full aftermarket skid package will go on when available. Without further ado, here is Max:

Attachments

• lift1-1.jpg
    lift1-1.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 202
  • lift2-2.jpg
    lift2-2.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 193
  • lift3-3.jpg
    lift3-3.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 205

PaulNY

Looking GREAT!! Thanks for posting these up :thumb:

Thanks so much Eddie, and you're more than welcome. I know you stated I didn't need the tail gate reinforcement, but since it's inevitable that I will someday go with 37's, I planned ahead. You know, when in Rome..........lol. :D

Oh, I forgot to mention my dealer just got in a new Dodge Demon....it was custom ordered for a customer, and was an Army green metallic color. $20k over sticker is what he paid, for a grand total of $130k. 840hp stock...I was drooling, but then quickly glanced at Max and my drooling continued more profusely.

Last edited:

JTCO

Meme King
Looks awesome! :thumb:

And way cool that you got to see a Demon in person (the car, not the entity).

RMC2

For $130k, I would have one hell of a JL. I saw a LS3 already in one today in front of the 8 speed, on the truthful internet. But it was running and driving.

Very nice Jeep. I look forward to seeing it with the red rings.

PaulNY

Interesting note: My tech just notified me that he didn't install the perches that came with the 2" Mopar lift because ironically, they are the same identical part# as the ones that came stock with my Rubicon. Further, the stock ones are black, whereas the ones that come with the lift are gray. He even pulled the black stock perches off to not only confirm part #'s match, but compared it to the Mopar lift gray ones and sure enough, they are 100% identical. So, for those that are getting the lift installed in the future, if you have a Rubicon, you may prefer to have the installer leave the factory black perches as they are a little more aesthetically pleasing than the gray ones. I assume only the Rubicon has the matching perch part#'s since the perch does come with the Mopar kit, which is intended for the sports and sahara's?

JL2018

Interesting note: My tech just notified me that he didn't install the perches that came with the 2" Mopar lift because ironically, they are the same identical part# as the ones that came stock with my Rubicon. Further, the stock ones are black, whereas the ones that come with the lift are gray. He even pulled the black stock perches off to not only confirm part #'s match, but compared it to the Mopar lift gray ones and sure enough, they are 100% identical. So, for those that are getting the lift installed in the future, if you have a Rubicon, you may prefer to have the installer leave the factory black perches as they are a little more aesthetically pleasing than the gray ones. I assume only the Rubicon has the matching perch part#'s since the perch does come with the Mopar kit, which is intended for the sports and sahara's?

Thanks for the info on the perches, will be doing the same thing. Great looking rig

PaulNY

Thanks for the info on the perches, will be doing the same thing. Great looking rig

Thanks! A couple of additions to Mad Max today. Installed the Jeep Molle pouches, and a 12" Antenna-X. Also, picked up Max from the dealer finally. Red bead lock rings will be ready tomorrow, but can't get them installed until Friday after I fly back from Portland. I am hoping the red rings looks as good as I think they will.

Attachments

• dealer2.jpg
    dealer2.jpg
    222.4 KB · Views: 153
  • dealer1.jpg
    dealer1.jpg
    229.2 KB · Views: 162
  • Molle.jpg
    Molle.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 158
  • antenna.jpg
    antenna.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 163

JL2018

Thanks! A couple of additions to Mad Max today. Installed the Jeep Molle pouches, and a 12" Antenna-X. Also, picked up Max from the dealer finally. Red bead lock rings will be ready tomorrow, but can't get them installed until Friday after I fly back from Portland. I am hoping the red rings looks as good as I think they will.

Looks fantastic: Any problems with the rear seats folding down with the bags installed?

thblkprl

You bastard...

That looks amazing. Hadn't even seen a black JLUR yet, let alone a lifted one. Now I want one even more.

JLRUBI19

Any red yet? Also, any chance you can take a picture facing straight on in front and back... Want to get a good feel for the stance as i'm thinking of using the same wheels.

PaulNY

Any red yet? Also, any chance you can take a picture facing straight on in front and back... Want to get a good feel for the stance as i'm thinking of using the same wheels.

Bead locks finally installed. I can take pics later today for you. Just finishing up getting pounded from the nor' easter storm :(

Attachments

• beadlock1.jpg
    beadlock1.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 55
  • beadlock2.jpg
    beadlock2.jpg
    269.7 KB · Views: 55
  • beadlock3.jpg
    beadlock3.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 54

JL2018

Bead locks finally installed. I can take pics later today for you. Just finishing up getting pounded from the nor' easter storm :(

Looks great Paul. Do you have any clearance issues for your back seats folding down with the molly bags attached?

PaulNY

Looks great Paul. Do you have any clearance issues for your back seats folding down with the molly bags attached?

Thanks so much. I have yet to fold the back seats down, but will certainly provide feedback once I do. We are getting pounded with snow, so it could be tomorrow before I try. Stay tuned :D