Poser Shot 35" KO2 on MOPAR 2" Lift

Back In Black

So I just installed the 315/70/17 'C' tires today.
Getting closer on this build...
I wonder if I need to install wheel spacers? Many have said no need - although I think at full droop and turning all the way (right or left) the tire may rub.

Sorry for the mall crawler shot, but this is all she's going to do right now until I get some time to play in the woods.
20180226_145800.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looks AWESOME!! So long as you're not getting any rubbing at a full lock left to right, you might not need spacers. If anything at a full stuff, spacers may potentially push your tires out far enough that they catch the outer edge of your fenders instead of tucking up underneath them. I would try to take your JL out, flex it and see what you might need if anything before buying anything.

Back In Black

Looks AWESOME!! So long as you're not getting any rubbing at a full lock left to right, you might not need spacers. If anything at a full stuff, spacers may potentially push your tires out far enough that they catch the outer edge of your fenders instead of tucking up underneath them. I would try to take your JL out, flex it and see what you might need if anything before buying anything.

Yes agreed - good advice.
Oddly enough when they were installing the tires and had it on the lift, they came and got me and said that "you have a problem the tires are rubbing". I told them it's OK, let's see what it's like when we put it back on the ground - Go figure it doesn't rub at full turn. Hopefully it will be OK.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yes agreed - good advice.
Oddly enough when they were installing the tires and had it on the lift, they came and got me and said that "you have a problem the tires are rubbing". I told them it's OK, let's see what it's like when we put it back on the ground - Go figure it doesn't rub at full turn. Hopefully it will be OK.

Even if it's not, better to take small steps and address things as they reveal themselves. That way, you'll know what specifically needs to be fix.

JLF

So I just installed the 315/70/17 'C' tires today.
Getting closer on this build...
I wonder if I need to install wheel spacers? Many have said no need - although I think at full droop and turning all the way (right or left) the tire may rub.

Sorry for the mall crawler shot, but this is all she's going to do right now until I get some time to play in the woods.
View attachment 1219

Thank you for this thread. I'm also looking at staying stock on the wheels with the exact same tires. I'm more of a function trumps fashion kind of guy and if I don't need to buy new wheels then I'll cycle that money into more functional gains. However, please keep us posted on any rubbing/clearance issues no matter how slight. Full articulation/lock, aired down etc...

Again, thank you!

I've got the same setup and I get no rubbing at full lock. I really like it without spacers because the tires stay covered enough by the fender flares to look like it was designed that way, and for states that might ticket you for tires not covered by fenders, such as Maine. Honestly, I don't know which states do that, but I don't want to find out the hard way. Anyway, it is a great clean look and it drives beautifully. I, for one, love both factory wheel designs on the Rubicon.

Another thing I like about the 315's on stock rims....They bulge out enough that I'm not too worried about rock rash on the rims! They'll have to go deep to get to them!

Great looking Jeep!

JLF

I've got the same setup and I get no rubbing at full lock. I really like it without spacers because the tires stay covered enough by the fender flares to look like it was designed that way, and for states that might ticket you for tires not covered by fenders, such as Maine. Honestly, I don't know which states do that, but I don't want to find out the hard way. Anyway, it is a great clean look and it drives beautifully. I, for one, love both factory wheel designs on the Rubicon.

Another thing I like about the 315's on stock rims....They bulge out enough that I'm not too worried about rock rash on the rims! They'll have to go deep to get to them!

Great looking Jeep!

Love to see some pics if able.

Back In Black

Thank you for this thread. I'm also looking at staying stock on the wheels with the exact same tires. I'm more of a function trumps fashion kind of guy and if I don't need to buy new wheels then I'll cycle that money into more functional gains. However, please keep us posted on any rubbing/clearance issues no matter how slight. Full articulation/lock, aired down etc...

Again, thank you!

I'm kind-of a purist like that (keeping the stockers)...
I like the original look, so I hear ya on putting monies elsewhere.
I have sliders, winch, lighting (front and rear) to go - and that should wrap it up. Haaaaaaa WTF, who am I kidding.

Last edited:
Love to see some pics if able.

Ok, you'll love this....actually at a mall! Don't worry, it won't be too long before I post a pic of it off-road. :D

bkLs27t.jpg

bmD9zpn.jpg

Back In Black

Indiana has some cool trails.
Michigan has a ton of trails, the trails get interesting once there is some snow...
This is my old rig. I can't wait to get mine away from the mall and have fun.

Attachments

• 20171111_103022.jpg
    20171111_103022.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 92
  • 20171111_105436.jpg
    20171111_105436.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 96