A big wave from Loveland, CO

cliff538

Hello! a big thank you to everybody who takes the time to fill this great forum with information. A huge thank you to Eddie and Cindy for making such incredible videos! I'm really glad I found you guys. Having made a few videos I know how much work goes into them. I've just about watched all your videos and can't believe the huge resource they are.

I've been driving all around Colorado for the past few years in a Sprinter cargo van that I converted into a simple camper van and have been loving it. The problem with the van is there are so many roads that I can't explore... the wife and I broke down and ordered a JLU in punk'n in late January to remedy this problem. LOL. We are not-so patiently waiting for it's delivery.

The goal is to make it a happy medium between rock-crawler and overlander ( I know, that will mean it sucks at both!). There has to be a happy place in there somewhere... It's the wife and I and the dog a 70# Female Boxer (princess of the house)

My list to do is always changing as I read and learn from the forums.

Almost firmly set:
2.5 to 3" lift
37" tires on beadlocks
Warn winch
Small light bar
Rock lights
Compressor
Fridge

Maybe's:
Roof top tent
Re-gear
Axle reinforcement

This is a jeep that will get used for it's intended purpose. We love road trips, exploring, camping and just being outside. Scratched up, beat up, dented, whatever it takes to explore as much as we can ; )

Eddie, we will be watching for what you and Cindy do to your JL. Thank you in advance for all the great how-to stuff that you will be putting out! Everybody else who has ideas, opinions and suggestions we greatly value them. This is our first "real" jeep. Our daily driver is a '08 Jeep Commander.

Cheers!

Cliff

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Glad to hear you enjoy our videos and found them to be useful. It's great to have you here! :yup:

cliff538

Welcome. I'm about 20 minutes South of you. Plenty of area around here to explore.

Very cool, thanks WJCO. We have only lived in Colorado 6 years and feel like we've just scratched the surface. It's a great state for exploring! Having lived in Alaska for 33 years and have lived in WA, OR, and AZ we have finally found home in Colorado. No more moving around. Due to work, I can't live back home in Alaska but Colorado for us is a close second.

Can't wait to explore all those roads I've turned around on driving the Commander and camper van.

Cheers,

Cliff