Recoomendations for CO2 Tank

GrayBeard

So what does everyone recommend for a good CO2 tank set up. I currently have "The Source CO2 Tank" which has served very well for the last 15 years, but time to replace.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I've never run CO2 myself, but I found this thread at Wayalife to be a good one showing pros/cons of CO2 vs Air compressors, etc. It's packed with a lot of info.

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/30253-On-Board-air-compressor-vs-tank-style-air?highlight=twin

Great link! :thumb:

CO2 is nice but now that really good compressors are available and at a reasonable price, they're kind of obsolete to me. Sure, you can run air tools on them but in my experience, not for long and I find my Milwaukee M18 tools to be a lot more useful and convenient to use.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well I'm an old fart, old school......but will look into Air Compressor and see if it will work for me. Always open to new ideas, kinda of [emoji848]

I run a WARN PowerPlant on both my JK's and LOVE the compressor that's built into it. I also LOVE how I don't have to carry anything inside my Jeep and take up a ton of space. I can air up my 40" tires in minutes and typically way faster than most people with a basic portable compressor. The ARB dual pump setup is super fast as well. I have run an ARB single pump on 2 other Jeeps in the past and while it is a bit slower, it's a lot more compact and could probably be mounted under the JL hood.