Just Placed my Order - FireCrackerRed JLUR

Bueller44

Just finished working a deal and placing my order for my new Firecracker Red Rubicon 4 JLU. I am so excited to finally have done it. Was a pretty good experience. Of course I think my JKU is worth more than they are offering, but I will see if I can sell it privately between now and when the new JLU comes in.

Essentially I chose every option with the exception of the smokers group. Went with the body colored top and fenders. Totally loaded.
My son works for Dodge/Jeep as a mechanic at a different dealership so I was going to get his employee pricing. I started out by saying that I want the best price - if the employee pricing is the best, awesome - but I know of at least 3 people in British Columbia that have gotten $500 over invoice. The sales guy said that the employee pricing would be the best. I didn’t mention that I had a price from my son’s dealership that was actually about $1500-1700 over invoice - so I know it can be better.

Anyhow, the sales manager came back - I assume the sales guy said something to him - and I have $300 over invoice. Best part was that they actually gave me their copy showing MRSP and invoice (which I had already from our great forums) and he showed my the pricing that I had worked out on my own +$300. I’m pretty happy with this!! Actually, I am ecstatic!!!

Now the waiting begins - but I should be driving it by May long weekend (when all the snow and gravel is off the highways).

This is what it will look like - but I stuck with the standard rims, not these ones.
IMG_0190.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
How exciting! The wait is gonna suck but it'll be worth it. Please post up pics once you get it :thumb:

Rocklobster

Just finished working a deal and placing my order for my new Firecracker Red Rubicon 4 JLU. I am so excited to finally have done it. Was a pretty good experience. Of course I think my JKU is worth more than they are offering, but I will see if I can sell it privately between now and when the new JLU comes in.

Essentially I chose every option with the exception of the smokers group. Went with the body colored top and fenders. Totally loaded.
My son works for Dodge/Jeep as a mechanic at a different dealership so I was going to get his employee pricing. I started out by saying that I want the best price - if the employee pricing is the best, awesome - but I know of at least 3 people in British Columbia that have gotten $500 over invoice. The sales guy said that the employee pricing would be the best. I didn’t mention that I had a price from my son’s dealership that was actually about $1500-1700 over invoice - so I know it can be better.

Anyhow, the sales manager came back - I assume the sales guy said something to him - and I have $300 over invoice. Best part was that they actually gave me their copy showing MRSP and invoice (which I had already from our great forums) and he showed my the pricing that I had worked out on my own +$300. I’m pretty happy with this!! Actually, I am ecstatic!!!

Now the waiting begins - but I should be driving it by May long weekend (when all the snow and gravel is off the highways).

This is what it will look like - but I stuck with the standard rims, not these ones.
View attachment 1144

Very nice,if I didn’t already have a red JK for the last 5 years I would have got Firecracker,not sure if it’s the same in BC but here in Quebec it normally does not pay to sell your car privately if you are buying a new car as we only have to pay the taxes on the difference between the value of the trade in and the cost of the new car,might be worth checking :)

I found this example of an Ontario dealership website so same applies there: “If you bought a new Mitsubishi RVR SE AWD (MSRP $24,998.00) from Brampton Mitsubishi the taxes on the new vehicle would be $3249.74 based on 13 per cent Ontario HST. If you had a trade-in valued at $12,500 it would reduce the overall taxable amount by the same amount ($12,500) and lower your overall taxes paid to $1624.74. The tax savings = $1,625 which you saved by trading in your vehicle.

When we add those tax savings of $1,625 to the trade-in value of $12,500 you actually got $14,125 for your vehicle which is much closer to the retail value of the vehicle if you'd attempted to sell it yourself, but without incurring any additional time, expense or hassle.”

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Bueller44

Very nice,if I didn’t already have a red JK for the last 5 years I would have got Firecracker,not sure if it’s the same in BC but here in Quebec it normally does not pay to sell your car privately if you are buying a new car as we only have to pay the taxes on the difference between the value of the trade in and the cost of the new car,might be worth checking :)

I found this example of an Ontario dealership website so same applies there: “If you bought a new Mitsubishi RVR SE AWD (MSRP $24,998.00) from Brampton Mitsubishi the taxes on the new vehicle would be $3249.74 based on 13 per cent Ontario HST. If you had a trade-in valued at $12,500 it would reduce the overall taxable amount by the same amount ($12,500) and lower your overall taxes paid to $1624.74. The tax savings = $1,625 which you saved by trading in your vehicle.

When we add those tax savings of $1,625 to the trade-in value of $12,500 you actually got $14,125 for your vehicle which is much closer to the retail value of the vehicle if you'd attempted to sell it yourself, but without incurring any additional time, expense or hassle.”

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Thanks, yes, I am aware of this and need to do the math on what I would need to sell at, plus I have some balance owing left on the JK as well

RMC2

Congratulations. I need to find a red one to see in person. Only saw white, black, and silver so far.

Bueller44

Congratulations. I need to find a red one to see in person. Only saw white, black, and silver so far.

I needed to do the same. I currently have a Hydro Blue JKU Sahara and I love the blue - would have been nice to see the new Ocean Blue in person, but I'm not waiting. I was able to see Firecracker Red, White, Granite, Black, and Billet at a couple of dealerships and the red just POPS and if you are going to have a vehicle as fun as the Jeep Wrangler, it should be a fun colour in my opinion. That and the Ocean Blue looks to be a little too dark for me. The current Chief Blue on the JK seems to be a little to sky blue for me - really do like the Hydro Blue and will miss it. But so excited to get my Firecracker Red Rubi JLU.

RMC2

It is hard to guess what a new color shade will look like. They don't all turn out what we think, but then other people will like them.

mac214

Congrats!

I was leaning towards Firecracker Red and got to see it yesterday in person. I have always liked red on a Jeep and it didn’t disappoint. I should be placing my order late spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bueller44

Just used the Chat feature on the Chrysler site. This waiting thing is pretty hard. I'm use to making a decision and then buying it and driving it home. I know it will be worth it.

Here is the answer I received to what my current status is after 10 since placing the order with my dealer.

"Thank you so much Mike I have a found a status on your vehicle at this time your order is in the scheduling phase of the manufacturing process. The parts required to build the vehicle are being scheduled and as soon as they available and ready, order will be scheduled for build. Most orders are scheduled for build within 30 days after reaching this stage"

I confirmed that this is indeed D status.

I also asked what the typical time frame is from when an order is received to when it is SHIPPED and she stated 12-16 weeks. I sure hope mine is faster than that without sacrificing quality of the build!!

In the meantime, it's time to start removing my mods from the JKU.

RMC2

I hope it’s closer to the 8-12!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm hoping 5-8 is right.

Someone hit the jackpot and said they got their's in 3 weeks, allegedly. My guess is the order matched another Jeep that was already being built. Maybe an existing dealer order. When I ordered my truck, I think the same thing happened. It came in at exactly 4 weeks. Was expecting longer.