JL JOURNAL : MOPAR All Weather Floor Mat Installation

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I realize these are just floor mats and installing them should be a no-brainer but the good guys over at Mopar did a great job of designing the ones for the all new Jeep JL Wrangler and in a such a way that not only looks great but are more functional than ever before. Regardless if you ordered yours with your JL or purchased them after the fact from Amazon or the like, some installation will be required and this episode of the JL Journal will show you how.

You can order a set of Mopar All Weather Floor Mats here:
http://amzn.to/2odRwZa

<iframe style="width:120px;height:240px;" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="//ws-na.amazon-adsystem.com/widgets/q?ServiceVersion=20070822&OneJS=1&Operation=GetAdHtml&MarketPlace=US&source=ss&ref=as_ss_li_til&ad_type=product_link&tracking_id=wayalifeparts-20&marketplace=amazon&region=US&placement=B0781SS37P&asins=B0781SS37P&linkId=beb5e37c832944158f09c6e0f27954cd&show_border=true&link_opens_in_new_window=true"></iframe>

More photos and a detailed written write-up of these floor mats can be found here:
JL Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door MOPAR All Weather Floor Mats Installation Write-Up

JL JOURNAL is a WAYALIFE Production with a focus on the all new Jeep JL Wrangler. This YouTube video series will highlight every aspect of our Jeep JL Wrangler and of course, all the adventures that it takes us on. We hope that you'll follow us along on our journey.

JLU_RUBI

Good video. Neat how they did the drain plug flow through on the front mats.

I was told to not order it from the the factory like that though because you lose getting the carpet mats. You pay the same amount if you order them the way you did and you have both sets. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JAGS

Super cool. Didn't realize the carpet was already partially trimmed.

I was surprised how solid the mats were when I opened mine up. They will probably be my first "mod" on the JL. Lol.

JTCO

Meme King
Great video. Jeep really thought this through in regards to the carpet cutouts and aftermarket mat fitments. Any way you would mind snapping a picture from underneath the Jeep showing how the rubber inserts seal to the body. I'm a little unsure of how water would be sealed from getting in under the mat and getting the carpet wet.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Good video. Neat how they did the drain plug flow through on the front mats.

I was told to not order it from the the factory like that though because you lose getting the carpet mats. You pay the same amount if you order them the way you did and you have both sets. Thoughts?

I suppose if you think you'll go back to the carpet mats in the future, buying the all weather mats is the better way to go. Certainly, the price on Amazon was about the same anyway.

Super cool. Didn't realize the carpet was already partially trimmed.

I was surprised how solid the mats were when I opened mine up. They will probably be my first "mod" on the JL. Lol.

They really are sturdy mats and I like how they DON'T have deep cleats in them the way previous and other mats have. Much easier to clean.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great video. Jeep really thought this through in regards to the carpet cutouts and aftermarket mat fitments. Any way you would mind snapping a picture from underneath the Jeep showing how the rubber inserts seal to the body. I'm a little unsure of how water would be sealed from getting in under the mat and getting the carpet wet.

I'll see what I can do. The drain port opens up right over the frame rail and so it's pretty hard to see. The seal is tight though.

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Love how they included the drain plug into the floor mat! Thanks for this video of the install!!

desertbuzz

Looking great !
I just hope that, with time, the front mats don't warp at the edges like the JK Quadratec ones did.

Walter

I've been avoiding the full install of the rubber mats since I got my JL. I figured there I'd have to make precision cuts and measurements to get the plug to function. Without your video, I would've put it off a lot longer.0221180713.jpg

Sent from my [device_name] using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Walter

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Those are cool mats!

Kinda crazy to be talking about "mats" this way but I have to agree, they really are way cool. :yup:

Very simple design, what took so long🙄. Thank you another segment :pop2:

LOL!! No kidding! Not like Jeeps haven't had drain ports on the floor pan forever. Glad you are enjoying the JL Journal :cool:

I like the flatter design... the JK tire tread is kinda hard to clean and grabs small rocks.

This ^^^ The flatter design just makes so much more sense. If anything, the tread just made everything more difficult.

Looking great !
I just hope that, with time, the front mats don't warp at the edges like the JK Quadratec ones did.

These are really thick and rigid mats and I don't think they will.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I've been avoiding the full install of the rubber mats since I got my JL. I figured there I'd have to make precision cuts and measurements to get the plug to function. Without your video, I would've put it off a lot longer.

Got to work early and bam. Done. Thanks for the video. 4 simple cuts and done.

LOL!! Awesome, glad to hear we were able to point you in the right direction :yup:

JAGS

This would be my only concern over a period of time. That the seal on the mats could wear. I'm sure initially they are very snug. But I often take my mats out to clean them and carpets. How will it hold up over time.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
This would be my only concern over a period of time. That the seal on the mats could wear. I'm sure initially they are very snug. But I often take my mats out to clean them and carpets. How will it hold up over time.

Well, if you're really checking things that often, it really shouldn't matter. IF the drain port seal becomes compromised, you'll know it. You can always reinstall the rubber plug back into the drain port.

JAGS

Well, if you're really checking things that often, it really shouldn't matter. IF the drain port seal becomes compromised, you'll know it. You can always reinstall the rubber plug back into the drain port.

We'll find out in a few years. Lol. Im not planning that many deep water crossings. Ha ha.

Swindle

Nice. They look great quality, and love the artistic additions as well.

Little surprised they didn't put a plug in all four pieces.