Went wheeling in NW JLUR a concern

Jasper

My first concern I found is that you cannot disconnect sway bar in 2wd, and also when in 4lo or 4HI when hit I think 19mph it starts trying to re-engage sway bar. was this an issue with JKUR as well?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
My first concern I found is that you cannot disconnect sway bar in 2wd, and also when in 4lo or 4HI when hit I think 19mph it starts trying to re-engage sway bar. was this an issue with JKUR as well?

You shouldn't need to disconnect your sway bar in 2WD and yes, even in 4HI, it would reconnect at about 20 MPH on the JK too. This is a safety feature. You shouldn't be driving fast in 4LO.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
there goes playing in washes in 4hi and have descent ride quality

LOL!! I love bombing across the desert and through washes and always prefer to have my sway bar CONNECTED when doing so. To each their own I guess.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
No kidding! I was all over the road last weekend disconnected at 55. Need to order the air disconnect.

I suppose if the wash were straight, being disconnected wouldn't be a big deal but most of the ones we play have all kinds of twists and turns in them and it can be a bitch to hold a turn even when connected :idontknow: