Thanks Eddie, JLWrangler.com, Wayalife.com, and everyone on this forum. It is on you.

RMC2

It is everyones fault on here. YOU ARE ALL TO BLAME!

Well I broke down and went and found some JLs finally. And test drove a Rubicon. Dang it. No I haven't bought one YET. But I thought I would share my impression.

I thought it drove very well. The suspension felt firm, but in no way harsh. The 8 speed was smooth and shifting was not that noticeable. It looks very sharp from all angles, rode very nice, and looks refined on the inside. The interior sure didnt feel like my old 09, but also a step above my 13. I didn't even mind the start stop. I was talking to the salesman, and didn't notice it except when I was looking for it. Only experienced it a few times, but it felt seemless. My wife said she noticed it more than me. But hey, you can turn it off when you want to.

The upgraded 8.4 nav radio includes a weather radar screen. That was really neat. While I thought the 7" standard radio sounded pretty good, I thought the premium radio sounded better and clearer.

Great job Team Jeep Wrangler. Pats on the back all around. :thankyou: You did a great job of keeping the tradition alive, but making it better in so many ways. :thumb: :yup: :D

Jwalt

I unfortunately did the same thing. This past weekend I drove my TJ past the dealer and they had a Sahara. I stopped to take a look and ended up test driving it. I agree the ride was extremely nice, firm but comfortable. I would compare it to as comfortable or better ride than the high end Chevy/GMC 1/2 ton 4 door pickups. I couldn't believe how solid the doors felt, yet light when opened. I really liked they had a traditional door stop on them and access through the doors seems improved. After one stop I turned off the stop/start, my wife's 17 Cherokee has it and its annoying, especially in the temperature extremes when you just want maximum heat or AC, and I can't get over the extra wear on the starter. The uconnect in the wrangler JL was slightly more responsive than cherokee as well. I did not hook my phone to it but I do have some issue with connectivity on the cherokee. The electric power steering was responsive with the stock tires and much better than other brands I have driven. In the end I was lucky it was a Sahara and not a Rubicon on the lot or it would be in my driveway.