JL Rubicon bigger HD brakes questions

RMC2

Any thoughts on the new HD supposedly bigger brakes (BR6) that come standard on the JL Rubicon and Sahara and the advanced brake booster? How do they perform?

What are the differences on the sport regular brakes? Are they bigger than the JK?

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Any thoughts on the new HD supposedly bigger brakes (BR6) that come standard on the JL Rubicon and Sahara and the advanced brake booster? How do they perform?

What are the differences on the sport regular brakes? Are they bigger than the JK?

I drove a rubi about two weeks ago now and I have to say the stopping power is a big difference compared to the jk. Not sure if the rubi I drove had bigger brakes but it sure felt better

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Now that we have over 1,000 miles on our odometer and a good number of them out on the trail, what I can tell you is that the new brakes are awesome! Granted, we are still wheeling with just stock tires but honestly, I still think they stop WAY BETTER than our factory JK ones ever did. There were countless times where I just wanted to slow up a bit on various obstacles but ended up coming to an abrupt stop. Took a bit to get used to :crazyeyes:

JAGS

Now that we have over 1,000 miles on our odometer and a good number of them out on the trail, what I can tell you is that the new brakes are awesome! Granted, we are still wheeling with just stock tires but honestly, I still think they stop WAY BETTER than our factory JK ones ever did. There were countless times where I just wanted to slow up a bit on various obstacles but ended up coming to an abrupt stop. Took a bit to get used to :crazyeyes:

Wait, you mean they actually stop you. Lol. Welcomed change. [emoji16]

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wait, you mean they actually stop you. Lol. Welcomed change. [emoji16]

LOL!! To the point where it was almost annoying me. I say this in jest of course but I've been so used to having pressure sensitive brakes - the more you push on the pedal, the more it stops. These brakes just wanna STOP!!! :crazyeyes:

RMC2

LOL!! To the point where it was almost annoying me. I say this in jest of course but I've been so used to having pressure sensitive brakes - the more you push on the pedal, the more it stops. These brakes just wanna STOP!!! :crazyeyes:

Thanks for the feedback. I finally saw, AND drove a new JLUR this afternoon. I posted up my review. I didn't really test the brakes, so this is still good info for me and others to hear about.

Just one more thing the engineers and product managers got right.