Test Drove this lovely JLU Today

BCJeep

Considering trading in my 2-Door '08 Rubicon for this beauty.. It's missing the HD electrical and Tow package, so no Aux switches. Sales dude says they can add it, but I think it's a little more involved. I'd imagine wiring harnesses need to be ran, etc. I don't think it would be a fast add. Also, only has the 7'' screen, but still an upgrade from my '08's system. Wasn't sure I'd like Red, but this one really stands out. FYI, this is in Vancouver, Canada and is listed at $55,600.IMG_20180216_154625.jpg

Last edited:

JL2018

Considering trading in my 2-Door '08 Rubicon for this beauty.. It's missing the HD electrical and Tow package, so no Aux switches. Sales dude says they can add it, but I think it's a little more involved. I'd imagine wiring harnesses need to be ran, etc. I don't think it would be a fast add. Also, only has the 7'' screen, but still an upgrade from my '08's system. Wasn't sure I'd like Red, but this one really stands out. FYI, this is in Vancouver, Canada and is listed at $55,600.View attachment 1043

Not sure of the pricing up there, but that's a sweet ride. No waiting for an uncertain deliver date is also very appealing. Hard decision to make when it's sitting right there in front of you.

Tellico

How is the backup camera image on the 7” screen? It is really impressive on the larger one; it’s super clear.

PaulNY

Depending on availability in your area, I would wait and get exactly what you want. I too wanted the same package and turned down several opportunities because I didn't want to settle. However, that is a really pretty JLU, so I can't imagine how hard it must have been to walk away :D

RMC2

I found the aux switch setup for about $385 for parts from Q-----tech. But that doesn't include the bigger battery or alternator. Or install.

I was looking for the price for a factory soft top last night(didn't find it yet) to add after purchase from a supplier.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As much as it would be tempting to get this JL, I might recommend being patient and ordering one. That way, you can make sure to get everything you really want.

BCJeep

Thanks for the feedback! Yes, it was very tempting having it right there in front of me.. I'm going to follow your advice though and wait to order one direct. When I'm paying that much for a Wrangler, I want it to be perfect. No cutting corners. Thanks everyone :)

strifehero

I might get stoned, but keep your eyes open. I’m not traditionally lucky, but I started looking locally once I decided to place an order, just to see if there was a couple ones I could peek at to confirm some selections I planned for my order. I ended up finding one very similar to what I would’ve ordered but that had a few more options I would like but couldn’t really justify (and when it’s available and already on the Jeep, it’s ‘sorry baby, I know it’s a little more but it’s available now!’) so I get to have those anyway. Plus the dealer gave me a deal that matched the insane below invoice pricing out of state dealers are tempting us with. So win-win and I hope to pick it up tomorrow, about a week since I found the Jeep and negotiated the deal. Plus the dealer agreed to buy back the upgraded Rubicon wheels and put the stock Rubicon ones on (was the only deal breaker on the one coming in). Super happy and feeling pretty lucky. Point being, you may find close local and not have to wait. And I ordered my first Rubicon - the first JK year, so I learned waiting on something like a dream Jeep isn’t good for me. ;)