Hold Off on the Infotainment System Update!

JeepFan

For the latest updates on this issue look for #Uconnectcares on twitter! Hopefully there will be a resolution in the next 48 hours.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Fortunately I saw the article first. I'm sure FCA pulled the update as soon as they received reports of the reboot issue.

Whew! Again, thanks for the update. Being that I really want the Off Road Pages on mine, I probably would have done the update. :crazyeyes:

JeepFan

Here's some info from Uconnectcares twitter feed regarding the Infotainment System Reboot issue. Apparently they have determined the Sirius Travel Link System is causing the issue...

"Regarding customers experiencing repeated system rebooting: Travel Link services are in the process of being disabled on applicable Uconnect systems. Timing regarding a permanent fix will be posted here once available. We appreciate your patience."

JeepFan

Is there any new info regarding this thread?
Honestly, I can't remember if I accepted the update when I first got the JL 2 weeks ago (Feb 14th). So, maybe it has already been corrected? ...considering the dates of these earlier posts...

Sent from my [device_name] using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
Uconnect fixed the issue but the update for the JL infotainment system is still not available.

happygil78

Which software version was this one? I am having this issue. My randomly resets. It can happen as often as 8 times in 30 minutes or as long as 1 every couple hours. There is no rhyme or reason to when it resets. I got my JL in early April and I never did the update. It was already updated when I got it.

Sent from my [device_name] using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

captainrandal

So My system has recently started the reboot thing. But I think my is a little different. Specifically within the first 5 - 8 minutes of starting and connecting my phone via Android Auto. System locks up and then reboots after roughly a minute. Sometimes it goes through 2 reboot. Anyone else?

Randy