JL JOURNAL : MAKING it OURS / Installing Decals / Removing Bumper Ends & MORE

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It's far from being anything earth shattering but In this episode of the JL Journal, you get to see Cindy and I install some of our very first mods on our Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited. These mods include the removal of the optional steel, Rubicon front bumper end caps to make it into a stubby, the installation of trademarked "JLWRANGLER.com" decals, the installation of an Amazon Basics rear seat pet cover and last but not least, the installation of a WAYALIFE personalized licenses plate. While none of these things are "mods" in the sense that they help improve the capabilities of our JL, they are modifications that help make it truly ours.

JL JOURNAL is a WAYALIFE Production with a focus on the all new Jeep JL Wrangler. This YouTube video series will highlight every aspect of our Jeep JL Wrangler and of course, all the adventures that it takes us on. We hope that you'll follow us along on our journey.

Love all the new video coming out, with each one it makes me want a JL more and more. The design of those stickers are awesome also.

2015 JKU Rubicon

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Great video! Never knew that there were so many bolts holding the end caps in place. Also Tessa looked like she was saying “come on! Let’s go on an adventure!!!!” [emoji190]

vgullotta

Wow, that stock stubby looks great. That's a great way to apply the decals too, I never thought to put them on with painter's tape and then peal and cut the bottom half off, apply it, then peal the rest and apply. Great video, that JL is so freakin sweet!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Love all the new video coming out, with each one it makes me want a JL more and more. The design of those stickers are awesome also.

Glad to hear you like the stickers and that you're liking the videos. I apologize if they're making things hard for you :crazyeyes:

Great video! Never knew that there were so many bolts holding the end caps in place. Also Tessa looked like she was saying “come on! Let’s go on an adventure!!!!” [emoji190]

No joke, there are a TON of them :crazyeyes:

Wow, that stock stubby looks great. That's a great way to apply the decals too, I never thought to put them on with painter's tape and then peal and cut the bottom half off, apply it, then peal the rest and apply. Great video, that JL is so freakin sweet!

LOL!! And here I thought people were going to be giving me grief for not applying decals right. I know it's not how most people do it but it's how I've been doing it forever. :crazyeyes:

JAGS

You're doing the decals wrong!!! Geez. Can't take you anywhere. Lol. [emoji23]

I did that plastic piece. Was that specific for vinyl?

desertbuzz

Thanks Eddy & Cindy,

Painter's tape is a great idea .... never thought about it !

How would you rate the OEM steel bumper vs like the ARB JK bumper in terms of sturdiness and protection ?
I have the ARB (front & rear) on my JK .... and I unwillingly tested them both in traffic accidents and walked away without a scratch or a bend.
The rear : I was stopped at a traffic light and got rear ended by some idiot in a Hyundai who was texting (I'd say he was doing 20mph)

BTW: I'd sent you mail on webmaster@jlwrangler.com . Checking if you received.

Cheers