Usb-c?

JLJeepGirl

Traded my Renegade for a JL! This is my first Wrangler! Love it! The JL has USB-C...any idea what plugs in there? Tried my iPhone X with an adaptor but it didn’t work. So happy to have Apple CarPlay again. FYI this is a Silver Sport S with hard top, technology, convenience and safety package. Sad that one of the packages removed keyless entry....gotta push the button on the remote. Added a dash cam so far but nothing else. Considering the headliner but noise isn’t too bad so far.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

hins2jw0

Traded my Renegade for a JL! This is my first Wrangler! Love it! The JL has USB-C...any idea what plugs in there? Tried my iPhone X with an adaptor but it didn’t work. So happy to have Apple CarPlay again. FYI this is a Silver Sport S with hard top, technology, convenience and safety package. Sad that one of the packages removed keyless entry....gotta push the button on the remote. Added a dash cam so far but nothing else. Considering the headliner but noise isn’t too bad so far.

USB-C is a newer charging standard. It supports much faster charging and data transfer. Many of the newer Windows laptops and MacBooks have that type of charger. The higher end cell phones are using it as well.

Josh

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
USB-C is a newer charging standard. It supports much faster charging and data transfer. Many of the newer Windows laptops and MacBooks have that type of charger. The higher end cell phones are using it as well.

Josh

This ^^^ :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Congrats to you on your new JL and welcome to JL Wrangler :thumb:

hins2jw0

Yeah congratulations! I'm so jealous... When I went to my local dealership, I knew way more than they did about the JL. They didn't even know anything about the 2.0 turbo or that it even existed. The salesman called me 15 minutes after I left and apologized saying I'd be the first person he called when it was available to order. I'll be waiting a while for my JLU RUBICON because I want the 2.0 turbo [emoji17]

13_gecko_rubi

The USB port under it works same as the usb c as far as CarPlay and Auto. I’ve heard mixed reviews of apple and usb c adapters since Apple has to be all on their own. My new Samsung has USB C. I’d just use the normal USB port, you won’t lose any functionality besides the quicker charging which if you phone doesn’t have usb c native won’t help anyway.

KS-Mike

I do have a Mac that has a usb-c charger, never considered charging the Mac in the car!

Yeah, Josh is correct, and on Macs or other devices USB C can be used to transport video, audio, as well as data faster. I like the fact that they included it on the JL since that will extend the usefulness of the Jeep’s connectivity once USB C overtakes and replaces today’s USB devices. It has already begun.

Update: I just tried to charge my MacBook Pro off the USB-c port on the Jeep dash and it did NOT charge the laptop. So it probably pushes a standard 2.1 Amps for tablets and whatnot.

Oh well, would have been cool, but it’s sweet to have the jack nonetheless.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

offcamber

I tried using the USB-C plug for my android. It worked fine for Android Auto for the drive to work but when I went to head home, Android Auto wouldnt work. Plug it into the standard USB port and AA worked fine. Tried it for a couple of days and it no longer worked for Android Auto. I unplugged the cable for a few days then plugged it back into the USB-C port and Android Auto worked through it Saturday that day, but that evening, would not work through the USB-c, although it charges fine. I'm guessing here is a software issue.