JK Rubicon Recon vs JK

JAGS

What's everyone's opinion of purchasing a heavily discounted 2018 JK Rubicon Recon vs. buying a JL?

If money is the deciding factor, get the JK. If new shit is the deciding factor, get the JL. They're both wranglers so can't really lose.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Like others on here, I'd get a JL. Don't get me wrong, I love the JK and will keep the 2 that I currently have but the JL really is a nicer Jeep in my opinion.

13_gecko_rubi

What's everyone's opinion of purchasing a heavily discounted 2018 JK Rubicon Recon vs. buying a JL?
Dont plan on heavily discounted JKs, there aren't any incentives on them even now with JL released. Unless a dealer just wants them gone and is willing to lose money (very unlikely) I don't see it happening.

Sent via....

justin mazzon

Thanks for the input guys. Discount is $4,777 off MSRP. Does this change anyone's mind? After all the JK Recon has the much stronger front axle.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the input guys. Discount is $4,777 off MSRP. Does this change anyone's mind? After all the JK Recon has the much stronger front axle.

Sorry but the front axle is just a "little" stronger in the end forgings. It still has 2.5" Dana 30 tubes. Also, that discount is off of "MSRP". You might have me interested if it were off of "invoice". The JK is a good platform and one that a lot of parts already exist for and that'd be the only reason why I might consider going that route. Otherwise, for the cost of a new Wrangler, I'd still prefer to get a JL. They are just that much nicer to me right out of the box.

13_gecko_rubi

Sorry but the front axle is just a "little" stronger in the end forgings. It still has 2.5" Dana 30 tubes. Also, that discount is off of "MSRP". You might have me interested if it were off of "invoice". The JK is a good platform and one that a lot of parts already exist for and that'd be the only reason why I might consider going that route. Otherwise, for the cost of a new Wrangler, I'd still prefer to get a JL. They are just that much nicer to me right out of the box.
The tubes are 25% thicker but yes still 2.5"

Sent via....