Wave from Chicago

WhiskeyJoe

Hey all! I have a silver '01 TJ 60th Anniversary Edition and absolutely love that thing. Bought it new. No power windows or locks. Rubicons weren't even invented yet. It has a 3.5" Teraflex lift and sits on 33s and still runs strong.

Living in Chicago really rusted the frame quite a bit over the past 17 years.
I was single with no kids back then and now I'm totally not! Lol. It's time for a new Jeep, a 4-door.

The wife and I looked at the 2017 Rubi Recon and liked it alot. She really doesn't care for my TJ too much and hates driving it. Ha! Not much of a Jeeper. She ok'd buying the 2017 Recon Edition but I said to wait for the new JL.

After waiting a couple more months in anticipation for the debut in late November, we finally saw actual pics and vids. They looked cool...although I'm still on the fence about the fenders.

Well, one finally made it to a local dealer a couple of weeks ago. We went and checked it out in person. It was a sport. It didn't matter. I knew before we went there that we would be hooked. Needless to say, we ordered a granite crystal JLU Rubicon!

It's coming with almost all of the options. My wife likes all the creature-comfort upgrades...infotainment, heated everything, remote start, proximity, matching paint everything...yada yada yada. All fine and dandy (except the $$$) Personally, I've always liked my crank windows and no power locks. Less electonics to fail. Jeeps are supposed to be rugged, right?

I guess they still are. I'm sure my new JLUR could tackle most trails right off the dealer lot. It'll be great to take the kids camping. Getting them in and out of the TJ is a chore.

Excited to get my Rubi in a few weeks. Still debating on mods. Would like a lift but as you know, the only thing available right now is the Mopar 2" lift. I would like a 3.5" inch lift and 37s on it.

It would be nice to have it all done at the dealership and have the warranty though. Maybe just installing the Mopar lift and adding a 1" leveling kit or spacer to accomodate the 37s?

I will be keeping an eye on the forum to see what others are doing and what they think. I'm also interested to see what new mods the vendors come out with. Looking forward to all the info and advice.