JL JOURNAL : First Look Behind the JL Wrangler Fenders

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
For those of you who’ve been wondering what lies just behind the fender liners of an all new Jeep JL Wrangler, this short video will give you a quick glimpse of what you can expect to see. Among other things, you'll get to see the new front shock towers that use through bolts instead of studs, the new aluminum steering box, electric power-steering pump which is also a part of the auto start/stop system, the new and safer location of the EVAP canister and outboard rear shock mounts.

JL JOURNAL is a WAYALIFE Production with a focus on the all new Jeep JL Wrangler. This YouTube video series will highlight the build process of our JL as well as all the adventures both small and big that it takes us on. We hope that you follow us along on our journey.

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Love seeing the new features of it! Can’t wait to get my hands on one and start working on them!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Love seeing the new features of it! Can’t wait to get my hands on one and start working on them!

You and me both and starting with OURS!! :crazyeyes:

Great video! I will definitely be following your JL build and taking copious notes. Lol. [emoji41]

Thanks! Hoping we can work on both our JL's together :yup:

Thanks for taking the time to put that together. :thumb:

You bet and glad you liked it :yup:

13_gecko_rubi

Nice video. U can see how big that steering pump is. The first thing anyone notices driving the JL is the steering. Since the pump is no longer related to engine speed it can provide variable pressure / assist regardless of engine speed. Is so noticeable off road and even low speed parking lot type scenarios.

Sent via....

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Nice video. U can see how big that steering pump is. The first thing anyone notices driving the JL is the steering. Since the pump is no longer related to engine speed it can provide variable pressure / assist regardless of engine speed. Is so noticeable off road and even low speed parking lot type scenarios.

Sent via....

That thing really is massive! I'm so eager to put it to the test :rock:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well done man! Great first look! (I have a feeling this Journal is going to get pretty big!) :thumb:

Thanks Kirk, we really appreciate it. Thought it might be fun to chronicle our new JL from the very start and even a bit before :cool:

Thanks for making this video!

You bet. We're gonna try hard to keep a steady stream of these coming your way as soon as we get our JL :yup:

JAGS

VIDEO : JL JOURNAL - First Look Behind the Fenders

You and me both and starting with OURS!! :crazyeyes:

Thanks! Hoping we can work on both our JL's together :yup:

You bet and glad you liked it :yup:

Eh hum....party of three? [emoji6][emoji41][emoji106]

Lol.

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass

Sent via....

Think it’ll hold up to 37’s in the rocks?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JAGS

That's what I'm hoping. Still gonna put a lot of load on the drag link if so and the aluminum steering box may be the weak link. The larger sector shaft probably won't be an issue any more. Will find out soon.

Sent via....

SOL if the box goes on the trail. [emoji51]

JeepFan

I personally think that if you do some type of assist the electric pump will do well. Again since not tied to engine u don't need a super high flow pump like a jk which makes it slightly at high engine rpm. I plan to test and see :)

Sent via....

I look forward to see what you find out. I suspect steering with 37" or 40" tires is going to be a big issue.