Paying MSRP?

Iceman47

Went to the dealer today and priced out a fully loaded 2dr Rubi. Dealer said all orders are MSRP, no deals. Is this what everyone is getting?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Went to the dealer today and priced out a fully loaded 2dr Rubi. Dealer said all orders are MSRP, no deals. Is this what everyone is getting?

Umm, no. Most of the people I've talked to are getting a fixed price above invoice and some are even getting invoice. I'd shop around.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
MSRP. Nope! On the flip side, good luck getting them to honor 1% below dealer invoice.

Kinda pisses me off when dealers try to pull the MSRP bull even if there's always that guy who has to have what's on their lot. But, maybe it's just me.

JAGS

Kinda pisses me off when dealers try to pull the MSRP bull even if there's always that guy who has to have what's on their lot. But, maybe it's just me.

Someone has to be "that guy." As long as it's not me. I do like the move many manufacturers have now of no-haggle pricing. Then they just upsell you the premium floor mat and high end clear coat. Lol.

simpleJL

There are quite a few dealers pushing new JL's for 5% below invoice.

All these posts above are fairly inaccurate.

Go take a look at **** and you'll see quite a few threads regarding below invoice pricing.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
There are quite a few dealers pushing new JL's for 5% below invoice.

All these posts above are fairly inaccurate.

Go take a look at **** and you'll see quite a few threads regarding below invoice pricing.

While I can appreciate your righteous desire to help the members here on this forum, I'd be grateful if you could please just shared whatever information you've gleaned from competing websites instead of telling them to go there. My wife Cindy and I would very much appreciate it. Thank you.

Also, the information that's been posted here is 100% fact.

offcamber

They will negotiate. My dealer offered 1% below invoice right off the bat if I joined Tread Lightly!. We then entered negotiations and said if I joined TL he would do 5% under invoice. They actually listed the JL Rubicon they got in last week at 1% under invoice on their website.

JAGS

They will negotiate. My dealer offered 1% below invoice right off the bat if I joined Tread Lightly!. We then entered negotiations and said if I joined TL he would do 5% under invoice. They actually listed the JL Rubicon they got in last week at 1% under invoice on their website.

You got a link?

RMC2

JAGS, That is about 8.5% of of MSRP, by my math. 1% msrp is only $477. They came off over $4000 off of msrp. That is pretty good.

It COULD be 1% below invoice, Im too lazy to try and figure out invoice.

JAGS

JAGS, That is about 8.5% of of MSRP, by my math. 1% msrp is only $477. They came off over $4000 off of msrp. That is pretty good.

It COULD be 1% below invoice, Im too lazy to try and figure out invoice.

The point was not a pretty good deal but rather the % below invoice claim. The statement was 5% below invoice. That is not 5% below no matter what 5th grader does the math.

13_gecko_rubi

The point was not a pretty good deal but rather the % below invoice claim. The statement was 5% below invoice. That is not 5% below no matter what 5th grader does the math.
I'd say that's probably 3%ish below invoice but they always get ya somehow. If they are truly offering that without some type of friends or employee code they are making it back somewhere and you are paying it.

That for example at bottom says "All vehicles must be financed to receive the "Dealer*Price" and requires that financing to be acquired through Klement Chrysler Dodge Jeep, LP"... So they likely tack an extra percent onto financing etc they get as a kickback. Dealers never lose money or do break even deals. Many are getting very creative in how they make their money. Add a point to the loan percent, bump the money factor by a percent on leases, charge an acquisition fee they get 100% of , adds ons like tires and wheel or lost key coverage, etc. If u compare the all in cost you pay from 5 dealers you will likely find you end up paying the same regardless of the sale price of the vehicle.

Sent via....

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'd say that's probably 3%ish below invoice but they always get ya somehow. If they are truly offering that without some type of friends or employee code they are making it back somewhere and you are paying it.

That for example at bottom says "All vehicles must be financed to receive the "Dealer*Price" and requires that financing to be acquired through Klement Chrysler Dodge Jeep, LP"... So they likely tack an extra percent onto financing etc they get as a kickback. Dealers never lose money or do break even deals. Many are getting very creative in how they make their money. Add a point to the loan percent, bump the money factor by a percent on leases, charge an acquisition fee they get 100% of , adds ons like tires and wheel or lost key coverage, etc. If u compare the all in cost you pay from 5 dealers you will likely find you end up paying the same regardless of the sale price of the vehicle.

Sent via....

Man, it's enough to give me a headache thinking about and just to maybe save a couple hundred bucks? :crazyeyes:

offcamber

That's not "under invoice" as you stated. Invoice is not MSRP.

Do the math. It's easy to look up the invoice cost of the options. INVOICE on that Jeep is $49,274. It is 3.3% UNDER invoice. Maybe you should AT LEAST do the math before you spout off?

That was just an example of an area dealer that was selling below MSRP. Mine is through a different dealer in Mckinney, Tx but my deal is below invoice as well. My MSRP is $56,249. Invoice price on mine was $52,752. My signed deal is for $49,586, which is right about 6% under invoice. My financing is through my bank. I bought no extended warranty or service plan through the dealership. I will buy an extended warranty, but I'll do it online rather than through the dealer.

Last edited: