• Did a fair redesign

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • About the same as JK

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Do not like the JL

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

rcr1340

I compared the prices on these vehicles too try too compare apples too apples. I totally loaded a JK Rubi and a JL Rubi. I deleted the things on the JL that you could not get on JK(Proximity keyless entry, Trail Rail, active safety group) but if it was part of a package with something that you could get on JK I included it(Cold weather package came with heated steering wheel that you cannot get on JK). I did not include the upgraded wheels for a couple reasons. 1. Most people change them anyway(at least all the Jeepers I wheel with) 2. That is a personal preference on the look. 3. They don't add anything mechanically (not beadlocks). I built them both on Jeep.com on the build and price. The JK came out too $54,680 and the JL was $55,030.It was alot closer than I thought it would be and the JL has ALOT of upgraded items and had alot more available equipment. I love the JL and I also love the JK. Jeep did a fantastic job redesigning the Wrangler. Better than I expected but I didn't think they was going too ruin it like alot people talked about(IFS, non-removable doors, etc etc)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I absolutely LOVE the JL Wrangler and love the improvement Jeep made to it. That being said, it still feels a lot like a JK to me only nicer and that's not a bad thing.

JIMBOX

:D I think it's fantastic--

Stock 2" lift/33" AT's/updated locker Dana 44's and the LOGICALLY modified 6-spd tranny--

--DYNOMITE !

:wings::cheesy: JIMBO

rcr1340

Haven't got many responses to this. I thought it would be a hot topic seeing how many people have posted about price. Can't wait too get mine.

JTCO

Meme King
Haven't got many responses to this. I thought it would be a hot topic seeing how many people have posted about price. Can't wait too get mine.

If your numbers are indeed that close, that isn't much of a difference. With that being said, as much as I want one, I just can't see dropping that kind of money for something I really don't need. I was kind of hoping to get a JL for more of a daily driver, but truthfully we just don't need it right now. I've found 2 newer JKURs around here with modifications for around 31k.

But as far as your numbers, for first time jeep owners, the price doesn't seem that bad if someone is in the market.

JIMBOX

:D My order for the JL-2dr Ruby come's to $43,690 + tax/license and the dealer and I haven't come to an agreement on final cost, dealer "GOODIES", SO-

I'm EXPECTING a 1 % break and/or oil chg gifts/dealer cost options--

It's a game I've played many times and the answer's always in the final bottom line figure !!

My little town only has one dealer and it happens to be dodge and it's less than two years old--this will be my second vehicle purchase from them, so I'm EXPECTING a decent deal-
They gave me a great deal on my first, lets keep the ball rolling !

Whatever

:wings::cheesy: JIMBO

rcr1340

I have looked at quite a few JL's in person. Very impressed. Seats are VERY comfy. I have sat in Rubicons, Saharas and Sports. All 3 were great.