JK trade in or sale value after JL release

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone remember what happened to the TJ values in 2007 after the JK release? Curious what us current JK guys can expect if we decide to get out of our JK and into a JL?

Are you kidding? TJ's have STILL held their value and to the point where I doubt I'd ever buy one again. LJ's are even worse and for the price, you could get a decent JK for the same money.

As far as JK's go, I think it'll depend on year, model and how many miles you have. A JK with a 3.6L will sell better than a 3.8L, auto better than a stick, a Rubicon will do much better than something like a sport and of course, a 4-door will do better than a 2-door.

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
Are you kidding? TJ's have STILL held their value and to the point where I doubt I'd ever buy one again. LJ's are even worse and for the price, you could get a decent JK for the same money.

As far as JK's go, I think it'll depend on year, model and how many miles you have. A JK with a 3.6L will sell better than a 3.8L, auto better than a stick, a Rubicon will do much better than something like a sport and of course, a 4-door will do better than a 2-door.

No shit. TJ’s are stupid expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

benatc1

Only thing I can maybe see is; being how many more JKs are on the market or should I say in the market the price may dip down compared to what the TJs/LJs did throughout the years of the JK, but I still don’t expect to see much of a drop as they will still be pretty sought after in my opinion.

Piginajeep

Only thing I can maybe see is; being how many more JKs are on the market or should I say in the market the price may dip down compared to what the TJs/LJs did throughout the years of the JK, but I still don’t expect to see much of a drop as they will still be pretty sought after in my opinion.

As expensive as the JL, I bet it helps the JK hold value.

2012 JK8
1958 FC170 (Jeep Forward Control)

Last edited: