Gone but not forgotten...what are you going to do with your JK?

NFRs2000NYC

Im going to assume that everyone here has another jeep, mostly the JK probably...what are you doing with your vehicle when it comes time to get the JL? For me, it depends. If certain JK parts can fit on the JL (mainly front/rear bumpers), I will strip my JK, and trade it in. If not, I will try and sell it as is or bring it back to near stock, and sell off the parts, least desirable option. I did VERY well on my last JK on trade ($3000 less than what i bought it for after 2 years and 23000 miles) so ideally that's what I'd like to do.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately, from what I have seen in person, I don't think ANY of your JK parts are going to fit on the JL.

Both my JK's are paid off and are way over built. There's no way I'd ever get what they're worth so, I'll be keeping them just like all my other Jeeps.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You think the front bumper is different on the JL? Seems like it's the same hard rock unit, no?

It just "looks" the same. I asked and was told that the mounting points are different. I'm not 100% sure but the front bumper even appeared to have a bit more of a curve to it.

Piginajeep

I’m going to park it next to the FC. I’ll need a bigger garage [emoji3]

2012 JK8
1958 FC170 (Jeep Forward Control)

frankorego

OLD Jeep (JK)

Selling my JK to my Daughter. She drives it everyday now anyways since I'm in Bahrain. That way I can still MOD it with her. :wings: