JLU Release Date?

I recently lost my JKU and am currently without a vehicle (which is fine for a short while).

However, I was looking at replacing it and, of course, there is the new wrangler coming out. Do you all know when these things will be at dealers?

Also, as a side question, do you all think there will be many reliability issues with the first year? I want a v6 manual rubicon (since that was what my last jeep was, and I loved it), but it sounds like they have addressed most of the things I wanted improved in the JKU.

13_gecko_rubi

I recently lost my JKU and am currently without a vehicle (which is fine for a short while).

However, I was looking at replacing it and, of course, there is the new wrangler coming out. Do you all know when these things will be at dealers?

Also, as a side question, do you all think there will be many reliability issues with the first year? I want a v6 manual rubicon (since that was what my last jeep was, and I loved it), but it sounds like they have addressed most of the things I wanted improved in the JKU.
If you want a v6 manual Rubicon your best bet is to order one. Dealers don't typically stock high end manuals as most people don't but them. Should start seeing them at dealers early next year depending where you live.

Sent from my [device_name] using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What 13_gecko_rubi said. Back when we bought our 2007 JKU Rubicon, we wanted it with a manual transmission and the only way we could get one fully loaded was to order it.

jolonghorn

That’s good to know because I want an JLUR manual as well. Anybody have a lead on good dealerships in the Houston area?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tank

Funny

That’s probably true, but funny. I have always had manual Jeeps until my last JK, which was an automatic. I really (generally)hate automatic transmissions. I didn’t really choose it, since I bought it used. Everyone I knew who saw it always ripped me as a non-Jeeper because it was not a manual. Hilarious. Now I am hearing that most people don’t buy manual Jeeps, at least ones that are loaded. So do “real Jeepers” drive automatics now? ;-)

13_gecko_rubi

That’s probably true, but funny. I have always had manual Jeeps until my last JK, which was an automatic. I really (generally)hate automatic transmissions. I didn’t really choose it, since I bought it used. Everyone I knew who saw it always ripped me as a non-Jeeper because it was not a manual. Hilarious. Now I am hearing that most people don’t buy manual Jeeps, at least ones that are loaded. So do “real Jeepers” drive automatics now? ;-)

Real Jeep’s have 4 doors and 2 pedals :)

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Tank

Nah, real - manly - Jeeps need three pedals! And for women too - three pedals are what make it “happen”. :)

IMHO, a slush box transmission makes the driver a “rider”. Now, if the Jeep automatic transmission were something like Porsche’s PDK - a double clutch system that is controlled either automatically or via paddles behind the steering wheel (gears change in only four milliseconds), my very humble opinion might be different. A double clutch automatic allows, essentially, the driver to completely control the vehicle like a manual transmission does.

Seriously, the new manual transmission will transform the Jeep from a long throw, sloppy shifting rudimentary truck to a short throw precision machine. Cant wait to have mine!

13_gecko_rubi

Nah, real - manly - Jeeps need three pedals! And for women too - three pedals are what make it “happen”. :)

IMHO, a slush box transmission makes the driver a “rider”. Now, if the Jeep automatic transmission were something like Porsche’s PDK - a double clutch system that is controlled either automatically or via paddles behind the steering wheel (gears change in only four milliseconds), my very humble opinion might be different. A double clutch automatic allows, essentially, the driver to completely control the vehicle like a manual transmission does.

Seriously, the new manual transmission will transform the Jeep from a long throw, sloppy shifting rudimentary truck to a short throw precision machine. Cant wait to have mine!

Well seeing as I’ve driven both of them, the 8 speed shifts faster than you could ever dream of doing even in the new manual. It does shift in milliseconds also. But everyone is entitled to their own opinion :)

In my view the only benefit to the manual now is if you like driving a stick. All my sports cars in the past were stick and they were fun, the stuff I do in my Jeep, no thanks. I’ll take the faster accelerating, better FE slushbox lol

JIMBOX

:D I've been driving the 8spd in my '16 RAM, for over a year and--

It's the most obliging/gear controllable/fastest shifting auto I've ever had--but

I'll try the new redesigned manual in the JL and we'll see --I really appreciate the "R" next to the first gear. for "ROCKIN"-

:wings::cheesy: JIMBO

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
Well seeing as I’ve driven both of them, the 8 speed shifts faster than you could ever dream of doing even in the new manual. It does shift in milliseconds also. But everyone is entitled to their own opinion :)

In my view the only benefit to the manual now is if you like driving a stick. All my sports cars in the past were stick and they were fun, the stuff I do in my Jeep, no thanks. I’ll take the faster accelerating, better FE slushbox lol

That 8 speed is a different animal. The people who say they want a manual have never driven an 8 speed.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app