Will the JL Wrangler be Your First Jeep?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So, I was just wondering, for those of you who've got a JL Wrangler on order or are planning to get one, will this be your first Jeep? If so, was there something specific about the JL that drew you to it over a JK?

Eaglesfly

So, I was just wondering, for those of you who've got a JL Wrangler on order or are planning to get one, will this be your first Jeep? If so, was there something specific about the JL that drew you to it over a JK?

One day, I was driving by a local jeep dealer, that I drive by all the time. They had lined every jeep they had up front that caught my eyes. So I went and checked them out. And then I take a rubicon on a test drive which I fell in love, I almost went home with it. But then I slowed down and went home and did my research. Thank god I did!!! They were coming out with a JL which is there redesign( and it looks amazing). And in my research, I find out how great to be in the wrangler community that I want join. ( I want a JLU Rubicon in sting-gray with red dash)

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
One day, I was driving by a local jeep dealer, that I drive by all the time. They had lined every jeep they had up front that caught my eyes. So I went and checked them out. And then I take a rubicon on a test drive which I fell in love, I almost went home with it. But then I slowed down and went home and did my research. Thank god I did!!! They were coming out with a JL which is there redesign( and it looks amazing). And in my research, I find out how great to be in the wrangler community that I want join. ( I want a JLU Rubicon in sting-gray with red dash)

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

If you don't mind me asking, what are you driving now?

dfelicia

Yes. I had a 2013 Raptor for a few years, which I loved. Now I’m excited to try something totally different, but the same... if that makes sense.

I test drove a JK and liked it, but no lumbar support - boo! This will be my DD, and I sit in traffic a lot. I was gonna get one, anyway, and then do aftermarket leather and lumbar, but then caught wind of JL coming with better seats front and rear. Happy I waited - so many great improvements.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yes. I had a 2013 Raptor for a few years, which I loved. Now I’m excited to try something totally different, but the same... if that makes sense.

I test drove a JK and liked it, but no lumbar support - boo! This will be my DD, and I sit in traffic a lot. I was gonna get one, anyway, and then do aftermarket leather and lumbar, but then caught wind of JL coming with better seats front and rear. Happy I waited - so many great improvements.

The JL definitely has more comfortable seats and especially so in the rear.

Sierra Nevada

First Time Wrangler Owner JL.

1. Retired ... looking for a more active lifestyle. The ways one can customize a JL reminds me of all the customization I did with sail boats I owned and raced for decades. I like dirt ... as well as water. :D

2. Drawn to the JL over the JK due to the more on-road friendly features. I live in FL so I have to drive longer distances to find Jeep Trails.

chad

I had a TJ for a few years in college and loved it. It wasn't the best daily driver though, so I sold it when I graduated and had to start making a commute for work. I've owned a few pickups since then, but the Jeep itch has been strong. This past summer I drove a friend of mine's AEV JK up to Colorado and the itch became even stronger--I was amazed at how much better it was on the road vs my old TJ and really got to thinking I could daily drive something similar. When I test drove a JLUR the other day I pretty much made up my mind to get one. I'm about 90% there, just have to convince myself I can go back to not having a truck (and which color JL I would want to order).

1lostCDN

My family has always been into jeeps, growing up my dad had numerous YJ's. Always been drawn to the raw adventure that you can have in a jeep. When I go to order my JLR it will be the 3rd jeep that I've owned. The other two were a very rusty 1991 YJ and a 1998 Cherokee 2 door which I loved. I can't wait to live the Jeep experience with a vehicle that I'm not afraid of breaking down lol. The JL to me is just the complete package of comfort and utility, I will feel bad when I put the first scratch on it though haha.

Sent from my [device_name] using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Roadless

My first. After driving a rental in Moab I had to have one. Will wait for the 2019s.

From what I have seen on the internet I am happy with the JL.

Will go for a Rubicon, hopefully in Chief or Gobi.

The only mods planned are a winch and a compressor.

Piginajeep

Umm, I think it’ll be number 18. I need to go over the numbers again. [emoji23]

2012 JK8
1958 FC170 (Jeep Forward Control)

Piginajeep

3 TJ’s
1 3A
1 3B
2 MJ’s
4 JK’s
1 XJ
1 ZJ
1 FC170
1 YJ

Oops it’ll be number 16. I think I’m missing 2. Let me think a bit longer on this one.

2012 JK8
1958 FC170 (Jeep Forward Control)