Light Bar

Tank

While I am thinking about it, I thought I would ask another question related to my move from my JK to a JL. With the windshield folding on the JL and fewer attachment points, will it now be impossible to mount a light bar above the windshield? I was just beginning to get used to having that on my JK. Thanks!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
While I am thinking about it, I thought I would ask another question related to my move from my JK to a JL. With the windshield folding on the JL and fewer attachment points, will it now be impossible to mount a light bar above the windshield? I was just beginning to get used to having that on my JK. Thanks!

I'm sure it could still be done - the way it mounts up will just have to be different. I'm sure there will be plenty of good solutions that will be available sooner than later.

13_gecko_rubi

The bolts on the cowl panel on side and top are there only to provide attachment points. The mounts will have to change but shouldn't be an issue at all. Order the towing/hd electrical package to get the aux switches and you'll be all ready. The wires are in the passenger side under the hood. Easy peasy

Sent from my SM-G930V using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

RCM3691

The bolts on the cowl panel on side and top are there only to provide attachment points. The mounts will have to change but shouldn't be an issue at all. Order the towing/hd electrical package to get the aux switches and you'll be all ready. The wires are in the passenger side under the hood. Easy peasy

Sent from my SM-G930V using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

anyone have an idea what the thread pitch is on these bolts? Looking to build my own mounts but having a bit of an issue figuring out the pitch.

JTCO

Meme King
anyone have an idea what the thread pitch is on these bolts? Looking to build my own mounts but having a bit of an issue figuring out the pitch.

Get a thread pitch gauge at a hardware store. They're only about 5 bucks. Come in handy for lots of projects.

IMG_20180510_213146_733.jpg