Truck or Wrangler

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Who is holding out for the truck? Or will you buy both?

Buying both unless the price of the truck is just stupid - which it might be. If it's up in the neighborhood of a RAM 2500, it'll be hard for me to justify the cost.

EDIT: Of course, if it's just so badass I just have to have one....

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Speaking of which, would you be getting yours with a diesel or would you be fine with a 3.6L? If diesel, what if it only came in an automatic? Would you still want it?

TrailHunter

Truck all the way for me! My scenario may be different though.... Just bought my first JK this year and I f’n love it! And I actually like the 3.6.... but I’m do for a new work/play truck. My 2500hd diesel is 12 years old and I think I can squeeze a few more years out of it... If the JT w/ the diesel can fill that need, I’ll go for it. And realistically it may be 4 years.... so by that time the Jk will be close to paid off, and I’ll be ready. So I will be watching the JL & JT with the diesel very closely over the next couple years. And if the JT ends up being the “Unicorn” of Trucks... for work, towing, camping and trail... I’ll trade in the JK.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Sithwindu

It’s taking everything I have to not trade my current jk in for a mojito jl! But I wanna wait for the Diesel engine and the jeep jt before a final move is made! I have high expectations for the jeep truck!! I just hope they don’t wait for the next la auto show to reveal any info >.<

Piginajeep

Buying both unless the price of the truck is just stupid - which it might be. If it's up in the neighborhood of a RAM 2500, it'll be hard for me to justify the cost.

EDIT: Of course, if it's just so badass I just have to have one....

The price is concerning, but I don’t really care.
Speaking of which, would you be getting yours with a diesel or would you be fine with a 3.6L? If diesel, what if it only came in an automatic? Would you still want it?

I’d want the diesel and I’m willing to be an old man and take the auto if that’s my choice.

Again hoping the price isn’t crazy. I know I don’t want to buy both so quickly from the start. So truck first.

JTCO

Meme King
I'm really hoping to have the patience to wait for the truck, but the new JL is awesome and I really want one. As much as I love diesel, I'm finding it more and more concerning. It's sad the manufacturers are having to appease the Federal Government with all the emissions bullshit. Diesels ran so good for so long without all that stuff. I see newer ones in the shop a lot for stupid stuff that nobody should have to deal with. But hey, we're all saving the world so I should feel Great to be a part of it. I mean, it's not like emissions requirements have anything to do with corruption, control, or greed, it's about the environment and happy feelings.

benatc1

definitely want to see the truck first but maybe ill be fortunate enough some day to have both!

JTCO

Meme King
I thought the truck will be on the 1500 platform, not the 2500? :thinking:

Rumors are that it is a 1500 platform with a towing capacity of 6500 pounds, but the 3.0 Turbo Diesel engine is said to have been the engine it will have in it.

06LJ

I don't haul much. A four door with a 6x10 trailer will work well. It can pull the teardrop or trailer, or got to have the diesel.

Zombjep

I'm waiting for the truck with the diesel. However, heard from a guy that's a mechanic that says he gets a lot of blown Eco-diesels in his shop so have to look into it some more. Apparently when towing they run really hot. I'm guessing people are just towing way too much which is causing them to overheat. Anyone else heard about this?

Sithwindu

I'm waiting for the truck with the diesel. However, heard from a guy that's a mechanic that says he gets a lot of blown Eco-diesels in his shop so have to look into it some more. Apparently when towing they run really hot. I'm guessing people are just towing way too much which is causing them to overheat. Anyone else heard about this?

Iv heard when they arnt blowing up the are fantastic problem free engines

Everything I’ve heard is it either blows up or works completely fine!! Lmao

This is also in reference to the 1500

Haven’t heard much from the Cherokee eco-diesel

JTCO

Meme King
However, heard from a guy that's a mechanic that says he gets a lot of blown Eco-diesels in his shop so have to look into it some more..... Anyone else heard about this?

I have personally seen at least 10 of the Ford ones. Broken rods and broken pistons. Just looked at another one this week. I don't know what the cause is, this is the first I've heard in regards to them blowing up from towing. I only get to see them after they are blown up.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I have personally seen at least 10 of the Ford ones. Broken rods and broken pistons. Just looked at another one this week. I don't know what the cause is, this is the first I've heard in regards to them blowing up from towing. I only get to see them after they are blown up.

Wonder if that’s from people tuning them? You know, the diesel drag racers, diesel fast and furious.

Rancho Shocks

Supporting Advertiser
Supporter
I want the tuck, but I also want a truck to do truck things (even if I don't right now) tow!!!
I have towed my old YJ all over with my old F250 and still love this truck.
If I can get a truck, with some serious tow abilities, and have a Jeep too?
Amazing.
:beer:

Zombjep

Hopefully it's not an issue. I've been looking forward to this truck with a diesel option for a long time. My trailer is only about 1200 lbs so can't imagine there would be a problem towing that.