Watch Video on Dash Screen

VitaMeVas

I know this isn’t much of a traditional Jeep mod. But I am a dad, and would like to have the ability to play digital movies in my jeep for the boys in the backseat on long drives. I know you can buy head rest monitors that play independent. I don’t want that. I’m wondering if there’s anyway to play a digital movie on the in dash screen. I do have the Tazer JL mini and it looks like you can enable video input. I believe this is mostly designed for a front mounted/rock crawling camera, but I’m interested in maybe setting it up for movies. Has anybody figured this out? No, I’m not interested in watching movies while I drive. I also have an iPhone and perhaps there’s a way to mirror it to the screen, but I’ve seen threads that say that Apple has disabled this. I keep most of my digital movies on my phone for plane rides.

Thanks for any help.

SouthCo

Curious to see if there is a way.

If not, the next best solution for me was to buy each of my kids a tablet. When they were very young they each got a cheaper Samsung. Using a service like Vudu I could load about 3-4 movies on each tablet and they could independently watch what they wanted with headphones. That really helped on long trips from Md to Fl to go see the mouse.

Saddletramp

I previously installed a "NavTV" box/wiring harness to my previous JK Uconnect units behind the unit in the dash that enabled a back up camera and the ability to watch DVD's.

I'm sure they (or someone else) will come out with something if they don't offer anything yet, especially considering how many Mopar vehicles now use the 8.4" screen.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
The 8.4" already has an additional input for a second camera on the rear of the unit. I'm sure you could run video through it, but you'd have to do something else for sound.