Stock Jl sport flex test

Rgk401

Stock Jl sport flex test. Decided I needed to do a base line test before I lift it.

2018 Jeep JL “2 door” sport
17” rubicon wheels with the 33” ko2
Not aired down or disconnected.
I was in 4x4 low because Iv never put the Jeep in low so wanted to see the how it crawled.
IMG_4447.jpgIMG_4446.jpgIMG_4445.jpgIMG_4444.jpgIMG_4443.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Rgk401

Not to bad for stock. Will be fun to see after pics

Sent from my SM-N950U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Yes sir. I need to settle down on a lift. It’s hard to pick something when there is so little information about it. I like rancho but they don’t make anything for a 2 door yet. I was considering getting the 2” with the rs9000 shocks but don’t know how it will fit. I do know I will end up with more that 2” of lift. I would like to keep lift height around 2” 2.5”.

GrayBeard

Yes sir. I need to settle down on a lift. It’s hard to pick something when there is so little information about it. I like rancho but they don’t make anything for a 2 door yet. I was considering getting the 2” with the rs9000 shocks but don’t know how it will fit. I do know I will end up with more that 2” of lift. I would like to keep lift height around 2” 2.5”.

Do a little research on this site. You may be interested in one of the suspension lifts Wayalife has tested and reviewed. They are affordable to. So far im running a 2" Mopar Suspension Lift on my JLUR and have no complaints, however I don't do extreme trails.

Rgk401

Do a little research on this site. You may be interested in one of the suspension lifts Wayalife has tested and reviewed. They are affordable to. So far im running a 2" Mopar Suspension Lift on my JLUR and have no complaints, however I don't do extreme trails.

Yep Iv been watching wayalife since 2012. I’m leaning toward the rancho 2” lift with the rs9000 shocks. Also will add new evo control arms, I plan to stay around 2.5” lift kit with 35” tires. Honestly that’s all I’ll need for the type of stuff I do. Maybe go out to Moab once a year and so lite trails. That’s the plan anyway.

WiscoHR

Yep Iv been watching wayalife since 2012. I’m leaning toward the rancho 2” lift with the rs9000 shocks. Also will add new evo control arms, I plan to stay around 2.5” lift kit with 35” tires. Honestly that’s all I’ll need for the type of stuff I do. Maybe go out to Moab once a year and so lite trails. That’s the plan anyway.

If you look at Eddie’s videos it looks like the Rancho has been netting more height than what is advertised and that’s on a 4 door. A 2 door will probably see even more height. I have the 2.5” EVO Enforcer coils and they are pretty true to the lift height. It makes me wonder if 4 door Rubicon springs might be the perfect height for a 2 door sport.

drhcobra

I don't think there's anything that's going to get you exactly 2" on a 2-door. Unless you do a spacer lift with shock extensions? My buddy put a 4-door rubi suspension on his 4-door sport and got about 1.5" so that might work for you as Wisco said. And you can get them cheap. I'm guessing the Dynatrac 2" kit would be the closest to what you want of what's out there now.

Rgk401

I don't think there's anything that's going to get you exactly 2" on a 2-door. Unless you do a spacer lift with shock extensions? My buddy put a 4-door rubi suspension on his 4-door sport and got about 1.5" so that might work for you as Wisco said. And you can get them cheap. I'm guessing the Dynatrac 2" kit would be the closest to what you want of what's out there now.

Yep. I’m keeping my opinions open and might do evo or just wait till there are more options on the market. What lift do you have on your 2 door?

drhcobra

Yep. I’m keeping my opinions open and might do evo or just wait till there are more options on the market. What lift do you have on your 2 door?

I have the dynatrac lift. I wish I would have measured before and after. I’m guessing I’m at 2.5”+of lift although the extra weight of bumpers and winch probably settled thing a bit. I would think the evo 2.5 would put you at least 3”.

Rgk401

I have the dynatrac lift. I wish I would have measured before and after. I’m grousing I’m at 2.5”+of lift although the extra weight of bumpers and winch probably settled thing a bit. I would think the evo 2.5 would put you at least 3”.

Thanks. I might just stick with the 2.5 evo spacer lift for now. I need the clearance to put the 35’s on. I can run 35’s with no lift but there is some rubbing. Thanks for the help everyone!!

Arrowhead

Thanks. I might just stick with the 2.5 evo spacer lift for now. I need the clearance to put the 35’s on. I can run 35’s with no lift but there is some rubbing. Thanks for the help everyone!!

That might not be a bad way to go. If you decide to go with a spring lift instead, just keep in mind most lifts are rated in "Rubicon" inches. Meaning a Rubicon is already over an inch+ taller than a sport (not including the larger tires for another inch), so putting on 2-1/2" lift might get you 3-1/2" to 4" over stock Sport height in suspension alone.

I'm running a 4dr Rubicon suspension on my 2dr sport and have been happy with it. But after seeing your pictures it makes me wonder if the 4dr springs are too stiff and are limiting flex. I tried flexing out on some berms and had lots of room left on the front tire. Have to look at this again.

Rgk401

That might not be a bad way to go. If you decide to go with a spring lift instead, just keep in mind most lifts are rated in "Rubicon" inches. Meaning a Rubicon is already over an inch+ taller than a sport (not including the larger tires for another inch), so putting on 2-1/2" lift might get you 3-1/2" to 4" over stock Sport height in suspension alone.

I'm running a 4dr Rubicon suspension on my 2dr sport and have been happy with it. But after seeing your pictures it makes me wonder if the 4dr springs are too stiff and are limiting flex. I tried flexing out on some berms and had lots of room left on the front tire. Have to look at this again.

Thank you. I’m going to stick with the evo spacer lift so I can run 35’s and I’ll upgrade when there is more on the market