ARTICULINK - Could this be something the new Jeep JL Wrangler will have?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
For those of you who haven't seen it before, the all new 2017 RAM Power Wagon is going to be coming with 9.25 AAM front axle and a rear 11.5 AAM but what's even more interesting is that it will also be coming with an electronic sway bar disconnect up front AND what RAM is calling an Articulink suspension system. From the few shots I've seen so far, it's essentially a radius arm setup and, according to RAM, it will allow the Power Wagon to have a full 26 inches of suspension travel EVEN WITH the sway bar engaged. Again, this is according to RAM and I'm not 100% sure how this would translate or compare to a Wrangler. Apparently, it is this new Articulink suspension system that helped spawn the possibility of an IFS for the new 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler. Here are a couple of shots of the Articulink that I found on Allpar.

Here you can see how the Articulink is designed and mounts to the front axle. Essentially, a radius arm design.
articulink.jpg

Here's a shot of the 2017 RAM Power Wagon flexing on the trail.
front-axle-sway-bar-disconnected.jpg

You can also see a video of how it works here:
http://www.allpar.com/news/2016/02/video-just-how-flexible-is-the-power-wagon-31255

While I'm no fan of radius arms, I could see how it could work pretty well with soft clevite bushings and so long as the travel range is limited to whatever is determined for a stock suspension system. Of course, what I'd like to know is if this is something we might be able to expect on the new 2017 Jeep JL Wrangler. What do you guys think? Would you be game for something like this?