2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Electric Sliding Top Revealed

jolonghorn

Ok, I’m not entirely clear on the Electric Sliding top. Can you take this whole thing off like a normal hard top and put a soft top on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tank

Electric Top Removable? No, unfortunately...

From the owners manual on page 55:

“The Power Top is non-removable. If desired, the rear quarter windows can be removed and stored in provided storage bags. Refer to “Quarter Window Removal” in your Own- er’s Manual for further information.”

Too bad. That kills it for me.

Ok, I’m not entirely clear on the Electric Sliding top. Can you take this whole thing off like a normal hard top and put a soft top on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

06LJ

Many jeeps are never taken off road. This will be a nice feature for those that want the option of letting the sun in without taking the top off. Some may consider this blasphemy in a jeep but it is reality and will sell. I say the more sold the better for us who modify. It keeps new wranglers coming out.

13_gecko_rubi

From the owners manual on page 55:

“The Power Top is non-removable. If desired, the rear quarter windows can be removed and stored in provided storage bags. Refer to “Quarter Window Removal” in your Own- er’s Manual for further information.”

Too bad. That kills it for me.

Jeep is recommending owners do not remove it. It is long, heavy, awkward and alignment is key so it works correctly. If the rails get out of alignment over the length of the jeep it will bind up.

All that said, you can take it off if you want to. It’s just bolted on.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app