Official Autoweek JL Wrangler Info Dump!!!

NFRs2000NYC

Doth my eyes deceive me, or is that a sub on the floor!!! So glad they did that instead of the bulky cabin intruding JK early version!

On the rubicon

jp018-239wr-1511932294.jpg

On the sahara.....

jp018-252wr-1511932878.jpg

Seems maybe the Sahara gets a bigger audio system, but the rubi has more room inside.

Last edited:

JTCO

Meme King
Here's what I took from the article:

Wrangler Sport and Sahara models come with Dana 30 axles up front and Dana 35s in the rear.....SHITTY

The Rubicon gets beefier Dana 44 axles front and rear (4.10 axle ratio) ..........NOT BAD, BUT THE PICTURE FROM THE OTHER DAY DID NOT LOOK LIKE A FRONT 44

Tire-wise, the Rubicon now rides on 33-inch diameter tires on 17-inch rims. .......ABOUT TIME.

TLife

Doth my eyes deceive me, or is that a sub on the floor!!! So glad they did that instead of the bulky cabin intruding JK early version!

On the rubicon

View attachment 467

On the sahara.....

View attachment 468

Seems maybe the Sahara gets a bigger audio system, but the rubi has more room inside.

Subs come with optional alpine upgrade. In the two door they will be mounted in the floor, in the four door they will be mounted on the side near the wheel well.

NFRs2000NYC

Here's what I took from the article:

Wrangler Sport and Sahara models come with Dana 30 axles up front and Dana 35s in the rear.....SHITTY

The Rubicon gets beefier Dana 44 axles front and rear (4.10 axle ratio) ..........NOT BAD, BUT THE PICTURE FROM THE OTHER DAY DID NOT LOOK LIKE A FRONT 44

Tire-wise, the Rubicon now rides on 33-inch diameter tires on 17-inch rims. .......ABOUT TIME.

The photo of that "phantom" axle was believed to be the belly of the diesel, which SHOULD have beefier axles to keep up with the added torque. Agree on the weaksauce about the D35 though.