New Jeep Buying Experience

SomeLikeItDirty

Has anyone got a deal to where they don’t pay MSRP for an ordered Jeep? If so, how and what city? I feel like it’s easy money for them so we could get a small discount on top of the Tread Lightly.

NFRs2000NYC

It depends. Treadlightly guarantees you 1% below invoice, so there is no haggling and games. Dealers wont pretend like they can't order you a vehicle and you must buy off the lot with the treadlightly discount. Most dealers, if you want a heavy discount will force you to buy their lot stock and wont want to custom order a vehicle that will arrive 3 months from that day. Also, on a hot new vehicle, the discounts may not always be that great. The wrangler JK was going for 3% below invoice towards the end of it's life, but in the scheme of things, its only like a few hundred bucks. On a brand new model with this much buzz, I doubt you'll see that much of a discount. The treadlightly discount is an affiliate code for them, and they get paid by FCA for using said affiliate code, so they dont put up a fight. If you get your dealer to print out a build sheet for you, you'll see a price on the bottom that says "FFP" That's their code for friends and family pricing....basically that's the price their employees pay for the vehicle. If a trade in is involved, you will ALWAYS get the best deal on the combo of sale price and trade in price using Treadlightly.

SomeLikeItDirty

It depends. Treadlightly guarantees you 1% below invoice, so there is no haggling and games. Dealers wont pretend like they can't order you a vehicle and you must buy off the lot with the treadlightly discount. Most dealers, if you want a heavy discount will force you to buy their lot stock and wont want to custom order a vehicle that will arrive 3 months from that day. Also, on a hot new vehicle, the discounts may not always be that great. The wrangler JK was going for 3% below invoice towards the end of it's life, but in the scheme of things, its only like a few hundred bucks. On a brand new model with this much buzz, I doubt you'll see that much of a discount. The treadlightly discount is an affiliate code for them, and they get paid by FCA for using said affiliate code, so they dont put up a fight. If you get your dealer to print out a build sheet for you, you'll see a price on the bottom that says "FFP" That's their code for friends and family pricing....basically that's the price their employees pay for the vehicle. If a trade in is involved, you will ALWAYS get the best deal on the combo of sale price and trade in price using Treadlightly.

I see what you’re saying. I will be a doing a trade but I read to sell the trade separately so I get the best out the door price and the highest offer for the trade.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app