NEW JL Wrangler Interior Pics - OFFICIAL FCA RELEASE

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
FCA just released a couple of new interior shots of the Jeep JL Wrangler and I have to say that I like what I'm seeing. Check it out...

20171108085543-af78bdd3-me.jpg

Introducing the all-new, next-generation 2018 Jeep Wrangler. The most capable SUV ever delivers even more legendary Jeep 4x4 capability, a modern design that stays true to the original, advanced fuel-efficient powertrains, more open-air options, and is loaded with more safety features and advanced technology than ever before. The all-new Wrangler’s interior design combines authentic styling, precision craftsmanship and high-quality materials that result in improved versatility and comfort for drivers and passengers.

20171108085548-b5f86d26-me.jpg

Introducing the All-new, Next-generation 2018 Jeep® Wrangler
November 8, 2017 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - The most capable SUV ever delivers even more legendary Jeep® 4x4 capability, a modern design that stays true to the original, advanced fuel-efficient powertrains, more open-air options, and is loaded with more safety features and advanced technology than ever before. The all-new Wrangler’s interior design combines authentic styling, precision craftsmanship and high-quality materials that result in improved versatility and comfort for drivers and passengers. The all-new Wrangler’s unique design includes an instantly recognizable keystone-shaped grille, iconic round headlamps and square tail lamps, improved aerodynamics, a convenient fold-down windshield for off-road purists, even more open-air freedom, and dozens of different door, top and windshield combinations. Additional images and complete vehicle information will be available November 29 at the Los Angeles Auto Show.

JTCO

Meme King
Really liking the look of this thing. If I get one, it will likely be a pavement princess, but I will still feel good about it driving to the store.

CdnJeepDan

Can't say I'm a fan of the location of the headlight switches but other than that, I like it.

Interesting that reverse is now Left and Forward on the manual. That's gonna screw with a lot of muscle memory. :thinking:

JTCO

Meme King
Can't say I'm a fan of the location of the headlight switches but other than that, I like it.

Interesting that reverse is now Left and Forward on the manual. That's gonna screw with a lot of muscle memory. :thinking:

You may have to pull up on that red collar to get it in reverse so there's no accidental engagement. I think VW did it like this for years.

BlacknRedJK

You may have to pull up on that red collar to get it in reverse so there's no accidental engagement. I think VW did it like this for years.

I like it. Was never fond of the closeness between 6th and reverse with the JK. Always felt like I was going to end up in reverse if I wasn’t careful. The safety collar is something that many brands have done and once you’re used to the extra step it’s nice to have.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Last edited:

Balt21

I'm liking what I'm seeing. The only thing I'm unsure of is the color matched dash, I tend to just like smaller color accents.

I'm cool with it having a lockout on the shifter, two of my last 3 manual cars have had them and I don't mind them at all.

The JL is looking like it might be my next vehicle more and more.

Edit: I just saw the road and track pictures of a non color matched dash so maybe that will be an option.

Last edited:

bouche03

I like it. I did notice the TC shift being so high would seem to potentially interfere with shifting on the 6 speed thought. I don't like that they are that close together and very similar in height

The JK has a much longer 6 Speed stick and I like it that way. Seems a little too car like for me. I hate FIAT

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just got the following press release from FCA to go with the interior pics they released today.

Introducing the All-new, Next-generation 2018 Jeep® Wrangler
November 8, 2017 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - The most capable SUV ever delivers even more legendary Jeep® 4x4 capability, a modern design that stays true to the original, advanced fuel-efficient powertrains, more open-air options, and is loaded with more safety features and advanced technology than ever before. The all-new Wrangler’s interior design combines authentic styling, precision craftsmanship and high-quality materials that result in improved versatility and comfort for drivers and passengers. The all-new Wrangler’s unique design includes an instantly recognizable keystone-shaped grille, iconic round headlamps and square tail lamps, improved aerodynamics, a convenient fold-down windshield for off-road purists, even more open-air freedom, and dozens of different door, top and windshield combinations. Additional images and complete vehicle information will be available November 29 at the Los Angeles Auto Show.

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
It’s funny how the silver doesn’t make it look at busy as the red accents do imo.

JTCO

Meme King

I like it. Was never fond of the closeness between 6th and reverse with the JK. Always felt like I was going to end up in reverse if I wasn’t careful. The safety collar is something that many brands have done and once you’re used to the extra step it’s nice to have.

I was just scanning the owner's manual for some other stuff and happened to find this. To put the JL Wrangler in reverse on a manual transmission, there indeed is a reverse ring under the shifter knob that you have to pull up on:

Untitled.jpg