TJEli's 18 JLUR Build in progress

TJEli

Figured I would start a built thread to document some progress and open it up for questions.

Hi Guys (and gals)

I am now on my 4th Jeep after a 10 year break. The improvements on the JL just swayed me back in. ;) I have built other Jeeps from wild to mild. My goal with this one it to built it enough to do what I want, look the way I want and not give up ANY of the comfort and amazing drivability this new platform has. I picked up my new baby August. Fully loaded except for the proximity key and active safety. Here is a pic from that day parked next to my wifes car. (The Jeeps evil twin sister)

JL Delivery (8).jpg

First on the list was a Warn Zeon 10-s Winch, Artec plate, Maximus 3 hook keeper, Mopar winch gaurd and some Hella 500s.

winch gaurd (2).jpg

After 1000 miles I put on a Daystar 2" lift with front lower control arms and Falcon 2.1 shocks.

Falcon Flex (1).jpg

Falcon Flex (3).jpg

lift 9.jpg

Next up was tires.... I decided to go with 37x12.50 KO2s because of their light weight and the fact that they are GREAT in the snow and on the road. I installed a RC spare relocation bracket at the same time.

37 (2).jpg

37 (1).jpg

Custom CB radio and antenna install:

antenna (7).jpg

antenna (3).jpg

cb2.jpg

In its current form this JL will out wheel me. I just finished a 2200 mile trip in it and I cannot believe how nice they are. I do have a different suspension system on the way but it is certainly not because it is needed. I am here to try and be helpful. I have always done all of my own work and like to think I am pretty knowledgeable.

37flex 2.jpg

37flex 3.jpg

mo flex (3).jpg

mo flex (2).jpg

-Eli

Last edited: