Jeep JL Wrangler MPG Released by the EPA

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
20171031193005-4999320f.jpg

Just read an article on Autoblog.com that had EPA numbers regarding what the JL Wrangler will get in terms of MPG. As some of you know, the JK with it's 3.6L Pentastar with a 5-speed automatic gets 16 city, 20 highway and a combined average of 18 MPG. According to the EPA, the JL with it's 8-speed automatic will get 18 city, 23 highway and a combined average of 20 MPG. Not a huge difference but there is an improvement.

You can see the whole article here:
https://www.autoblog.com/2017/11/05...mited-fuel-economy/?ncid=edlinkusauto00000016

hins2jw0

The big question I have is regarding the MPG of the 2.0 turbo [emoji16]... How much higher??

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The big question I have is regarding the MPG of the 2.0 turbo [emoji16]... How much higher??

I know, I so wished it were available for me to test drive before I placed an order. Oh well.

JAGS

I know, I so wished it were available for me to test drive before I placed an order. Oh well.

I was trying to find it. When will the turbo be available? Or was/is it available now at launch?

The 8 speed in general will be awesome. Good luck staying off the throttle.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

As much as I love driving a manual, I'm glad that we got the new 8-speed. :yup:

Agree. 8-speed will be great to drive.

hins2jw0

Turbo will be available at launch as well as the V6 Pentastar. The engine that will be held until the following year is the diesel... Still waiting on specifics for the turbo though [emoji848]

I was trying to find it. When will the turbo be available? Or was/is it available now at launch?

Agree. 8-speed will be great to drive.

Agreed! My Mercedes has a 7 speed transmission, and I love the way it keeps the engine in its torque band. Even though it has roughly the same horsepower as the JK, it feels way more torquey. This JL is turning out to be way better than I anticipated.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app