JKU POLAR from Paris (FRANCE)

jerem_

Hello

I am Jérémie from Paris (FRANCE).

I am 39, and it is a long time ago that I want to buy the Jeep Wrangler Unlimited.

I have always driven the same car since I am a student : a Volkswagen Polo... a perfect car for the town and when you don't drive often.

But family has grown... and my wife would like a bigger car... happily, we were both interested by something special... the Wrangler !!!
And the dream has come true : 2 month ago, we bought a JKU POLAR.

But to be honest, we hesitate before to buy this car : the situation isn't favorable in FRANCE, at this time, with this sort of car !!
So because I want to know more about the american way of life, I will share the french situation !!

So, Here are a few words about the French regulation about pollution :

- if you buy a first hand car, in function of the CO2 rejected, you have to pay a tax.
For the Jeep Wrangler, the tax is 10 000 euros.
So a first hand JKU Sahara is around 44 000 + 10 000 euros.
A second hand JKU Sahara of around 37000 km is around 36000 euros.

- in 2018, if you buy a second hand car like this, the tax may be about 500 euros

- since beginning of 2017, it has become forbidden to drive in Paris if your car is too old ... or pollute too much.

- the government project to forbid diesel car in big cities (Paris) in the next years

- and, last but not least...only electrical cars in Paris in 2030

Well...

For the moment I profit a lot of my JKU... a real plaisure !
And anyway, I use public transport to commute !

I subscribe to your forum to know more about the JL...
And to know more about the American way of life.

Jérémie

JTCO

Meme King
Welcome to JL Wrangler. Sorry to hear they tax you for enjoying life the way you want to. Congrats on the new Jeep.