Rubicon suspension on Sport S

Supercharged

Swapped out the stock Sport S suspension over the weekend. Picked up about 2 inches which I was really surprised by. I can only assume it had the tow package?

I loosened the lower control arms up front only. Seems to be driving ok so far. Not sure how to get a torque wrench on the uppers. Secondly, I found torque specs online for the Jeep 2" kit and they have 190 ft lbs on front lowers. How the HELL do you get that??? I used a floor jack on the left side but the right side there was no way, I got to 170 with no additional leverage

Either way, really happy with the results.IMG_20180930_185859.jpegIMG_20180930_185318.jpeg20180930_175035.jpeg20180930_172239.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N950U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

13_gecko_rubi

Swapped out the stock Sport S suspension over the weekend. Picked up about 2 inches which I was really surprised by. I can only assume it had the tow package?

I loosened the lower control arms up front only. Seems to be driving ok so far. Not sure how to get a torque wrench on the uppers. Secondly, I found torque specs online for the Jeep 2" kit and they have 190 ft lbs on front lowers. How the HELL do you get that??? I used a floor jack on the left side but the right side there was no way, I got to 170 with no additional leverage

Either way, really happy with the results.View attachment 5840View attachment 5841View attachment 5842View attachment 5843

Use a cheater bar if you have to. Need to make sure those are torqued to spec.

Sent via....

Supercharged

Thank you. Next is to see if the wife notices. She's been out of town for a family emergency back east. She told me right after we got it no suspension changes. This was right after I picked up the wheels. Soooo, maybe next will be sliders that double as step rails.