Aux1 aux2 aux3 aux4

OconRecon

Wondering what everyone is using these switches for, especially creative uses, or heck, basic uses too. Gotta an itch I'd like to scratch. These buttons need jobs!

Some things I've seen:

- Add an outlet in the back of the Jeep, so a plug-in cooler can be switched on/off easily
- Wire it up for a 1-button, all the windows go all the way down
- Of course light bars

Others?

(not sure I'm in the correct forum, but figure the mods can move if needed)

OconRecon

Aux 1 - Ejection Seat
Aux 2 - Fart Cannon
Aux 3 - Invisibility Mode
Aux 4 - Light Speed

I was thinking more...

Aux 1 - Street Glow
Aux 2 - Disco Ball
Aux 3 - CashCab ceiling LED's
Aux 4 - Rollcage mounted wake board speakers

... but hey, yeah, have it your way.

;)

STR1KER

Our aux1 is currently being used for the KC 20" light bar.
However, I think I'd like to add some Go-Go Gadget items... The extend-a-wheel being 1st on the list! :)Point%20Blur_Aug302018_020709-1.jpeg

Sent from my VS995 using JL Wrangler mobile app

greshowak

all windows down?

Wondering what everyone is using these switches for, especially creative uses, or heck, basic uses too. Gotta an itch I'd like to scratch. These buttons need jobs!

Some things I've seen:

- Add an outlet in the back of the Jeep, so a plug-in cooler can be switched on/off easily
- Wire it up for a 1-button, all the windows go all the way down
- Of course light bars

Others?

(not sure I'm in the correct forum, but figure the mods can move if needed)

Hi, thanks for posting. Where have you seen an all windows down AUX button wired? This would be awesome.

thanks,
-Dan

OconRecon

Hi, thanks for posting. Where have you seen an all windows down AUX button wired? This would be awesome.

thanks,
-Dan

This is the only forum I come to (so I don't think I read it), but I've watched umpteen YouTube Jeep vids this year, and one of them mentioned it. Wish I could recall who, but it was a passing comment (not the primary topic), and as soon as they said it, I had the same reaction as you.

I'll post it here if I find it.

13_gecko_rubi

This is the only forum I come to (so I don't think I read it), but I've watched umpteen YouTube Jeep vids this year, and one of them mentioned it. Wish I could recall who, but it was a passing comment (not the primary topic), and as soon as they said it, I had the same reaction as you.

I'll post it here if I find it.
Don't bother searching. That's not how auto down works on Windows. You need hardware to add it to rear and auto up requires hardware on front and rear. Unless the purpose of the button is just to push and hold until the windows are all down just like if u had pressed the window buttons. I guess that's possible. Don't see point but possible.

Sent via....

MoparTH

I want to use one of the Aux switches to activate the rear locker whenever I want, but I think it's going to cause a locker error. Thinking that I will have to add another small relay and use the NC contact to break the sensor input when the locker is activated that way.

13_gecko_rubi

I want to use one of the Aux switches to activate the rear locker whenever I want, but I think it's going to cause a locker error. Thinking that I will have to add another small relay and use the NC contact to break the sensor input when the locker is activated that way.
You will cause errors for sure. Possibly limp mode. Get a tazer

Sent via....

ghorman

You guys noticed that Aux1 and Aux 2 are bigger gauge than aux 3 and 4 right? This vid covers the difference and some of the settings.

JTCO

Meme King
You guys noticed that Aux1 and Aux 2 are bigger gauge than aux 3 and 4 right? This vid covers the difference and some of the settings.

That might be true but it doesn't take away from the video. Figure someone people didn't know the difference between the aux switches.

I know you're just trying to help, but Extreme Terrain are thieves and rip people off. I have no desire to watch any content from them.

ghorman

I know you're just trying to help, but Extreme Terrain are thieves and rip people off. I have no desire to watch any content from them.
Wow, you guys seem very sensitive; it was just the first video that popped up on the aux switches and no one here was covering differences between them. I guess I need to put a claim that "I'm not supported by them or sponsored by them".

Last edited: