JL Mods

SedonaJL

New to the Jeep Life and want to add some new wheels and tires leaning towards 35s with a Rubicon Express 2.5 Super Ride lift. Any idea if I need to reinforce the tailgate do any re-gearing or a flashcal?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

STR1KER

Hey Sedona :) We threw on the Rubi-Express 2.5" lift, as it's customizable over time for what you want. We are awaiting for the adjustable arms to be available. The ride became more stiff w/ the new springs. However, it's been about a month & a 1/2, with a ton of road miles and it's getting back to smoooooooth :)
We just threw on Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac 315/70/17's, (with studs), as we are commuting between MD & NH/VT, (our son was in a head-on w/ a semi TT hauling trees & is at Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon NH). There's been no rubbing it issue w/ the new paws.
They did have to put on a spacer for the back tailgate, they used a newly available Smittybilt set up.
Hope this helps :)

Sent from my VS995 using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
New to the Jeep Life and want to add some new wheels and tires leaning towards 35s with a Rubicon Express 2.5 Super Ride lift. Any idea if I need to reinforce the tailgate do any re-gearing or a flashcal?

Any specific reason for wanting to the Rubicon Express lift or was that just what you were told to get by 4WheelParts?

As far as your tailgate goes, I was told by many that I would destroy my tailgate carrying a 37" tires but so far, mine is still holding up without any reinforcement. You just have to make sure to extend your isolators so that they're pressing firmly against the sidewall of your spare.