Key Fob Help

VELOCITY

I had a brain fart the other day and left my JL key fob in my shorts while doing the laundry.:doh: The only way I noticed is when my jeep suddenly locked, and I heard the horn while locking. At first I thought someone was trying to steel the jeep, but discovered the key fob in the wash and figured the water made it cry for help. haha :D:D. Anyway I have put the key fob in a bag of rice for 4 days now and it seems to be ok, however it will not lock or unlock the jeep now. If I press the Unlock button nothing happens. If I press the Lock button, the small red light on the key fob will blink slowly for about 5 seconds. I'm not sure what means, but I think it may need to be reprogramed.

Any ideas on how to reprogram the key fob without paying the dealer?

Thanks in advance,
Will

Four Flusher

I washed mine also. Tried replacing the battery, but it didn't work. Got new Fob from dealer $260 which included programing. Idiot tax.

VELOCITY

I washed mine also. Tried replacing the battery, but it didn't work. Got new Fob from dealer $260 which included programing. Idiot tax.

That's what I was afraid of.

Maybe I can open it up and see if drying the inside might help? How did you get yours open to replace the battery?