35” tires tire on stock wheels with no lift

dcoletti

Today decided to see if a set of 35” KO2 would fit on stock wheels with no rubbing.....

It was successful. As for the spare I had to remove the plastic cowl in the wheel cut out of the steel bumper
IMG_8345.JPGIMG_8346.JPG

I don’t think it looks too bad without it. There isn’t much room underneath the tire with the door closed. Got lucky I guess

IMG_8347.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

texasbryan

Are they the 315 KO2's? That's what I put on my JLUR and my spare just lightly rests on the bumper which I feel is great for a little extra support. And the 3rd brake light just barely peaks over the top of the tire.

OconRecon

Are they the 315 KO2's? That's what I put on my JLUR and my spare just lightly rests on the bumper which I feel is great for a little extra support. And the 3rd brake light just barely peaks over the top of the tire.

Same for me. Really a perfect fit for the spare. No signs of weird wear on the bumper so far either. The gate opens the same too. No stick or anything.

That’s for: Nitto Ridge Grappler 35x12.50R18LT

YAHAHA

No issues with our 315 STT Pros on stock wheels on our JLUR. Had to put some washers on the spare tire carrier studs to use as spacers. The rear camera cover doesn't fit with the washers behind the wheel but as long as the wheel is secure, I don't care about the cover.

Sent from my XT1575 using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

YAHAHA

Any plans to put a lift on your rig? If so will you stay with 35"s?
I was thinking of putting a 2" lift but then I really got to thinking after off-roading this weekend. The lift will mostly improve my breakover angle and not help clear the deep ruts in the places I normally off-road.

We're planning our trip to the Grand Canyon for next year with some wheeling spots on the trip. We'll probably stay stock height until we find spots we have trouble clearing

Sent from my XT1575 using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Tdsullivan7

Good to know!

Definitely going to do this as I kept my old 35's when i traded in. Thanks for the confirmation! Any more pics of the stock Rubi wheel/suspension with 35's?