Windshield down pics

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
I do like the look. In fact I have the tie down straps, however haven't had the time to drop it and take it on the trail.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Way easier than the JK for sure and without all the issues of alignment after the fact. That being said and as cool as it may look, I can't see myself ever wanting to wheel with the windshield down if only because they rob of you of visibility.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
I thought I might try windshield down as I've read or heard somewhere that it may decrease interior dust when running naked. Quite often the dust on my local trails is overwhelming. However if visibility is significantly compromised I'll just ride with it up.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I thought I might try windshield down as I've read or heard somewhere that it may decrease interior dust when running naked. Quite often the dust on my local trails is overwhelming. However if visibility is significantly compromised I'll just ride with it up.

What's compromised are your edge or views along the side of your Jeep. If you think about it, your hood tapers toward the front and then your fenders are lower than it. That helps you to see things on the side. Unlike the old TJ, YJ or CJ before which all had shorter and flat windshields, the JL windshield is slightly curved and it actually taller being that it's slopped more. In other words, with the windshield down, it sits further out and the top corners sit high up and block your edge/side views.

As far as dust goes, there is some truth to what you've read. The windshield creates eddies behind it and that'll encourage dust toward you and onto your dash. However, I hardly think it being down makes enough of a difference if at all especially when you're following a group.

Johnsmack

Way easier than the JK for sure and without all the issues of alignment after the fact. That being said and as cool as it may look, I can't see myself ever wanting to wheel with the windshield down if only because they rob of you of visibility.
If i just had to wheel like that i would take the windshield right off. Your right you cant see properly.
I reccomend a quick trip to the store though. Fun for no reason lol

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app