Couple JLU Projects Finished Up Today

JrBiem

CB project (Uniden CMX760) all buttoned up...

cbmount.jpg

michanger.jpg

cbbrain.jpg

LOD Signature sliders mostly buttoned up (still need to pull passenger side to drill "optional but recommended for off-road" bolt hole)

sliders.jpg

stepfromrear.jpg

stepfromside.jpg

JrBiem

Looking good!

Sent from my SM-G892U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Thanks!

That is looking really good! Hurry up and spend more money and post more pics. Lol.

LOL - I'm taking donations... :cheesy:

Also, what length antenna did you use?

4' Firestik on a QD firestik adapter. The hinge mount is from cooltech llc, as is the grab handle mount for the mic. I ordered the magnet mount on Amazon and attached it to cooltech's mount. I also have the cb run through the aux 1 switch so I can turn it on when the jeep is off.

Nice! Looking real good. :thumb:

Thank you sir... The sliders are your fault! Saw your install and had to buy them! :beer::thumb:

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
The stealth CB mount is looking very good. Wonder what the return policy is on the overhead mount that I recently purchased. :D

JrBiem

I need someone to come up with a bracket that allows mounting standard 7" headlights on a JL :)crazyeyes: hint, Eddie!) That'd get me to spend more $...These halogens suck and I'm not interested in paying 900+ for mopar or even 600 for the quake ones that bolt right up.

JrBiem

Inner Fenders

Not sure if they would have rubbed while flexing or not, but now I don't have to worry about it... I'll likely rattlecan bedline the rears and haven't decided if I'll do some aftermarket fronts or leave them open (what do you guys think?). And I'm toying with the idea of trimming stock fenders a bit.

front.jpg

rear.jpg

JrBiem

How'd you route the CB wire inside?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Nice. Curious, how much of the dash has to be pulled/removed to attach that CB mount inside?

Only "dash disassembly" is to remove the glove box and pry off the hvac panel.

CB wire goes through the grommet in the tailgate, through the wire sheathing that's already there. Then I disassembled the plastic in the rear passenger cargo area and followed wires down under the carpet. From there it goes under the kick panels of the doors and up into the passenger foot well under the glove box. I wired it into the aux 1 of the factory switches under the foot well and it is grounded to an unused ground bolt under the front kick panel. The box of the CB is just velcroed to the side next to the glove box and then I drilled a hole for the mic wire to look cleaner.

For the mic hanger, you pry off the main plastic piece that has the hvac controls on it, loosen the bolt for the grab handle and slide the hook shaped mount in there, tighten and snap the hvac piece back into place. Instead of using the clip hanger that came with the CB I bought the magnetic mount on amazon and mounted it to the cooltech bracket.

13_gecko_rubi

I need someone to come up with a bracket that allows mounting standard 7" headlights on a JL :)crazyeyes: hint, Eddie!) That'd get me to spend more $...These halogens suck and I'm not interested in paying 900+ for mopar or even 600 for the quake ones that bolt right up.
The JL uses much larger lights. 7s are gonna look silly and have gaps around them big time.

Sent via....

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The JL uses much larger lights. 7s are gonna look silly and have gaps around them big time.

Sent via....

This ^^^

If I recall, the JL has 9" lights and that's a big part of why they're able to put out so much more light. Something like 20% more :yup: