Radio

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Not with that particular head unit but JeepFan had been having a lot of problems with his Infotainment system. He had to have the dealership fix it.

dirt jedi

I've been compiling a 'gripes' list, despite that I love Jeeps and this new JLU Sport being my first ever.

1) My JLU's radio is sluggish to respond (pressing 'radio' when playing music from my iPhone through the USB port results in no response until about 5-6 seconds)

2) Radio volume is unresponsive until 15-20 seconds after engine startup (can be a real wake-up when you left the volume up while driving with wind noise the last time)

3) Radio squawks loud static after engine shut down sometimes (quiet... then... *SQUAWK*)

4) Entertainment system sometimes fails to recognize my iPhone despite being connected when I shut the engine off

5) My favorite: The maximum volume setting is something like 38. Not 10. Not 100. Not even a clean 40. Just... 38. It's kinda charming, lol.

6) Not a radio thing, specifically, but the clock drifts pretty hard. I've set it and had it be off by more than 3 minutes within a two-week interval. I guess it's not exactly a quartz clock (i.e., Casio, or any battery powered wrist-watch). But, still, I have mechanical (automatic) watches that do way better than that (and that type of watch movement is known to gain or lose as much as 30 seconds a day)

That's more than my 2 cents... maybe a nickel's worth? :)

Eric