37s on 4.10 gears

Jetboy

I understand that most of you are running the stock gears and like it.
My question is? is this ok on the transmission? I’m not familiar with the workings of this 8 speed. But some others transmissions the last high gear is a much different deal. Such as locking the torque converter? Changing the number of bands that are in-gauged, to reduce heat? Ect

Any transmission mechanics on here? Is 7th same as 8th? Other than ratio?

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

13_gecko_rubi

I understand that most of you are running the stock gears and like it.
My question is? is this ok on the transmission? I’m not familiar with the workings of this 8 speed. But some others transmissions the last high gear is a much different deal. Such as locking the torque converter? Changing the number of bands that are in-gauged, to reduce heat? Ect

Any transmission mechanics on here? Is 7th same as 8th? Other than ratio?

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
The torque converter will lock up in all the higher gears. The entire 8 speed is optomized for efficiency in higher gears also. I mean ideally you'd want to use all 8 gears but doubt you will hurt anything running in 8th very little.

Sent via....

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The torque converter will lock up in all the higher gears. The entire 8 speed is optomized for efficiency in higher gears also. I mean ideally you'd want to use all 8 gears but doubt you will hurt anything running in 8th very little.

Sent via....

And this ^^^^^ is THE guy you can trust for accurate info :thumb:

Good to know :yup:

Deezus

I don't have the expertise as G does but from my experience as far as real world use 4.10s with 37s on the JLUR and if course superchipped works great.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

ghorman

JLUR on 37

I've only been running my JLUR on 37s for about 2 weeks (auto trans) and it feels fine. Current setup is a Metalcloak 3.5 game changer with the 6 pack shocks on 37 Cooper STT. The acceleration still feels good on the highway and I can't really tell a big drop off in getting up to speed.