MOPAR 2" L lift kit making noise..

ChicagoJL

Everytime I hit a bump or pothole, or dip, sounds like my entire front end is about to fall apart. My mechanic says everything is OK. Sure doesn't sound like it...

Anyone else hear this?

Live Life, Live Love, LoveSexy...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Everytime I hit a bump or pothole, or dip, sounds like my entire front end is about to fall apart. My mechanic says everything is OK. Sure doesn't sound like it...

Anyone else hear this?

Live Life, Live Love, LoveSexy...

Check your driver side bump stop tower to see if there's a shiny spot where your coil has been rubbing. Also, check the sway bar arm to see if any contact is being made there. While you're at it, check the passenger side too. Could be your spring has shifted a bit and now the bow is catching on things.

Jeeper424

Mopar lift

After reading about the noises and spring bowing associated with the Mopar 2 inch kit, I watched the video Jeep Informant put out. I picked up the left spring isolator at Ontario Chrysler Jeep and installed the lift myself. Aside from the steering wheel position slightly dipped down left, I have had no issues YET with noises and it tracks fine. I will align the front end after new tires to straighten the steering wheel position.

BBDOC

Thank you!!! After my tire rotation at the dealership I noticed that my steering wheel was a little down to the left. It was probably like that since they put on my 315’s but never really paid attention to it because it tracks fine. I will try this tomorrow:). Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Jeeper424

Mopar lift and steering wheel update

No squeaks or bumps so far, adjusted the steering wheel per the write up. All is good. Thanks!
Next is tire carrier, Tazer, tires.