Hill Start Assist & 4WD

ALRUI

Hey folks - Does the "hill start assist" function disengage when in 4WD or does it still function? My wife got into a situation while out showing some remote property where she couldnt negotiate a steep hairpin without stalling and mentioned it didnt seem the hill assist was working the same as in 2WD. Please advise.

Thanks!

Buggaboo

I haven’t used that feature on mine yet, but I know my auto transmission seems pretty weak sometimes in 4L if I’m not using the manual shift mode. Not sure if you have an auto or manual transmission, but if auto you might give that a try next time and see if that helps.

Cheers,
Buggaboo

ALRUI

Sorry, I should have stated we have a manual. She should have put it in 4 lo in my opinion and the stalling she experienced probably wouldnt have occurred. Thats just my opinion as Ive only driven the vehicle 40 miles out of the 1,100 it now has (in 3 weeks). Only a mile or so I drove were "off road" (gravel/dirt) but I didnt use 4WD.

I always thought that hill-start assists in a manual were mechanical? I have an auto so I have no idea. Hill starts we’re one of the reasons I got sick of rowing.

I haven’t used that feature on mine yet, but I know my auto transmission seems pretty weak sometimes in 4L if I’m not using the manual shift mode. Not sure if you have an auto or manual transmission, but if auto you might give that a try next time and see if that helps.

Cheers,
Buggaboo

I think you’re talking about hill descent on the auto. Definitely read the manual. It only works in 4-lo & uses the shifter to determine the speed, not shift gears.

LeviBarrington

An Anglo term is applied for the enhancement of the scores for the humans. The challenges and best research paper writing is inflicted for the injection of the new terms of the subjects for the candidates.

Last edited by a moderator:

JTCO

Meme King
An Anglo term is applied for the enhancement of the scores for the humans. The challenges and best research paper writing is inflicted for the injection of the new terms of the subjects for the candidates.

This one time when I was a kid, I had a set of rollerblades and would ride down the street and play with my friends. It was really cool.

Shadowfire

This may be helpful as my 2Dr had a manual transmission, the way it worked on my Jeep was it would hold the break for say 30 to 45 seconds on an incline and then release if I wasn’t quick enough with clutch to start it would roll back add to that the stupid start stop and it would be a challenge to get going. You should take it to hill or incline and time how long it holds, when you’re checking for traffic, working the clutch and shifting it seems like it goes by quickly and I think touching the brakes after moving resets it.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app