RPMExtreme Idrive

red911sc83

My JL is a six speed. I never drove the 8 speed auto. Trying to revmatch on downshifts and taking off from a stop can be vague.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Well there you go... should have bought an 8-speed. :D I've never driven a 6-speed JL. I have driven plenty of rev-match autos, and plenty of sticks, but never a rev-match stick. I've only done heel-and-toe.

Last edited:

red911sc83

Well there you go... should have bought an 8-speed. :D I've never driven a 6-speed JL. I have driven plenty of rev-match autos, and plenty of sticks, but never a rev-match stick. I've only done heel-and-toe.

HA! I really wanted a stick. Plus, I wasn't going to wait 10-12 weeks to build up a Rubicon. All the Rubicon's that were "in transport" were already sold. Except mine(or the one i bought) White, with LED lights, hardtop, cold weather and floor mats. I would of liked to have the steel bumpers, but figured I can always get them used or buy new.

I've been driving cars on track for twenty years now. The new double clutch cars are incredible. I've also driven a handful of new 991/GT4's with rev-match stick. It's insane, but to me, defeats the purpose of buying a stick and learning the process of "heal-toe" I won't even get into all the driver's aids these cars have now...You can jump right in to any sports car and look like a champ....Or at least pretend to be one.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Kinda sounds like a newer version of the old Sprint Booster or the like that was made for the JK. Assuming it works the same, it should help take out the lag in the throttle response on a manual.

Stickman

iDrive Update

I have 2 weeks under my belt with the iDrive and want to share my experiences.

I installed it on my JLU with 37's, 2.5 EVO lift and stock 4.11 gearing.

The installation was simple once you get the throttle cable disconnected from your accelerator pedal. The one module plugs inline and connects to the display. If you want to set it and forget it, you don't need to mount the display. However, if you are a button freak like I am, you want to mount it in a place where you can see it and play with the buttons.

The Ultimate Mode (9 settings) and Auto Control are fun to play with for daily driving. There is a noticeable improvement in the "pop" every time you get on the gas. It makes a difference leaving the stop light and when kicking it into passing gear.

But what I really like is the Economy Mode (9 settings) for trails. It deprograms the throttle response in the ECM and gives me much more control when rock crawling. I can easily click it back to AC for the dunes and where i need more response.

Two downsides so far. One is gas mileage - it does suffer because you are having more fun at the lights. The second downside is that I don't know (actually, I do know) how the dealer will react to this "mod". I will probably mount the display with sticky velcro so that it can be removed if needed.

Overall, I like it!

idrive 2.jpgidrive.jpg

Jeeeep

I've accidently spun the tires 5 times since getting the JL.

My 2010 takes a bit more foot than the JL and sometimes I still forget

Glad I bought another auto, haven't tried the tap shift yet :thumb: